CHAPTER TWO

Anabella

"You better get on top," he huffs beneath me and starts shifting.

I hold on tight as he rolls over, positioning me above him.  Hot and out of breath, I begin rocking my hips into his.  If he is asking to be on bottom then I know I needed to hurry things along on my end.

Easier said than done.  I switch my approach and start to rub against his pelvic area trying to find that right spot that will push me.  Don't get me wrong, he knows what he's doing.  He just doesn't instantly ignite that mythical spark inside me.  But once my long fuse finally burns to its end, I'll be fully sated.  I just got to get there.

"That's it, baby," he whispers encouragement into my ear as he rubs his hands down my body.  "Yes."

My hands grip the sheets near his head, and my entire body strains.  My mind is finally starting to empty thoughts from the day that always seem to enter at the most inconvenient times.  What the hell is wrong with me?  The skin-on-skin contact is finally sending me to my happy place.  I'm so close but am desperate for an extra nudge.

I push my chest toward his face, and he knows what I need.  That's what I love about this.  About him.  His warm mouth encloses me, and I moan.  In between tormenting me with his tongue, he chants my name, "Anabella.  Oh, Ana."

The sensation combined with that between my thighs sends shockwaves down to my core.  Oh.  Soon, my eyes glaze over, and I can no longer see his face buried in my chest.  But I can feel his teeth nipping at me.  With my nerves painfully sensitive, I want to hit him for it. 

The rest of my body has other plans.  I am clutching to the steep ledge by my fingertips, and one-by-one he removes my fingers until I lose my grip.  Blissfully falling into a warm, dark abyss, I ride him until my vision returns.

Just as my head stops spinning, he flips me over and holds my legs around his middle.  His hard, lean body pounds into mine relentlessly, until he shouts and collapses.

I wait until our breathing slows and push out from under his heavy body.  Stepping lightly to his bathroom down the hall, I quickly clean myself up and retreat so he can do the same.

He comes back to his room as I am pulling up my jeans.  Still nude, he plops down onto the bed and says, "You know you can stay, babe.  You don't always have to rush off like I mauled ya."

I think I see a flash of pain cross his eyes, but it quickly vanishes.  I refuse the urge to sigh.  I shove my feet into my shoes and turn to face him.

"Jay, we're friends," I explain, like he doesn't already know this.  Maybe he doesn't anymore.  These lines are blurry, and I hate flirting with them.  "If I stay the night, it just feels..."

"Like more?"  Except the way Jay says it makes it sound like he doesn't find the idea repulsive.

This time, I do sigh heavily.  "Exactly.  Besides, Frankie's at home waiting on me, and I need to take him out."

He relents, getting up to pull on some shorts and walk me to the door.  Things are starting to feel strange in our relationship.  Or rather, our arrangement.  Tonight is exceptionally awkward, and I just want to get us back to where we started. Where there are no feelings.  Just two single adults needing to blow off steam every week or so.

That's what we agreed to almost six months ago.  But now I am sensing a slight pull from Jay to have more.  Maybe I am imaging it though.  What young, single male wouldn't be floored with this sort of setup?  It sure works for me.

"You off next week?" I ask, referring to our usual day of the week.  Less spontaneity, less emotions.  My mantra.

"Actually, no.  I had to switch nights with one of my guys, so I'll be on night duty."