Chapter One.

"This park is so beautiful in Spring!" my best friend, Aimee, exclaimed.

"I know. I love it here," I said.

"I know, you basicall- OH MY GOODNESS! THE ICE-CREAM MAN! I'm coming now!" she said before racing off to the ice cream man a few metres away.

I chuckled. She hasn't changed at all, being 25 and engaged, doesn't change her personality, she's the same Aimee Morris from when we were five years ago old.

"I got you your favorite" she beamed at me. I gratefully accepted the strawberry flavored ice-cream cone.

"I bet Sam doesn't see this side of you," I scoffed.

"Puh-lease," she said. "He's been through this many times! Ice-cream is my first love, no one separates us."

"Make sure you say that during your vows," I joked.

"Speaking of the wedding, can you be my maid of honour? I mean I thought it was obvious but you haven't bombarded me with questions about it yet, I thought I'd make sure you know I want you to be the maid of honour,"

Aimee did not have any sisters, just a thirteen year old brother, so I was expecting to be the bride's maid but I didn't want to be pushy about the matter.

"It would be an honour,  darling," I said, linking my arm in hers.

I felt young again, skipping - kind of- through the park, licking ice-creams. I wished I could feel like this more often.

"On a more serious note," Aimee said. "I was wandering if you could join Sam, a friend of mine and me for coffee on Friday afternoon?"

"A friend?" I asked.

Aimee knew very well how I felt about people I wasn't close with. I hated it, because I was never like this before it happened.

"Please Seline?"

I stopped and nodded my head. I saw Aimee's surprised face at the corner of my eye.

"Are you sure?" she confirmed.

"Yes. Aimee, it's time I become the person  I was before. It's been so long now, I don't like who I've become and this is the perfect stepping stone." I said confidently. But inside I was terrified.

Author's Note:

Hello! I know I posted this story before, but I've changed quite a few things because I wasn't happy with how the story was going. I like this much better. Hope you enjoy it!

(Picture of Seline on the side)

Happy Reading

- Kryptonite xx