What are the Talent Scouts all about?

What do the Talent Scouts do?

Our mission is to discover amazing content on Wattpad and to foster relationships with the talented writers behind it.

We are on the hunt for the next great Wattpad story. If your story has the potential for publishing, TV, or film, we will be reaching out and will love to get to know you and your story better. In case we do, please be prepared to write a logline (a 1-2 sentence summary of your story) and synopsis (a longer 500-1,000 word summary).

You will hear from us if there is interest from a publishing, TV, or film partner. In the meantime, don't forget to check out our profile for contents, reading lists, and advice from other writers. 

How do they do this?

Talent Scouts surface stories by looking through data and then selecting the strongest stories. We are drawn to great concepts, good writing, and amazing covers. We wish we could outline exact criteria for why specific stories are chosen for opportunities, but it's not a straightforward process. The needs of our off-platform partners (think publishing houses and entertainment companies) are often variable which makes it hard for us to specify what will make one story more appealing than another. 

Who are the Talent Scouts? 

Catalina and Petra make up the Talent Scouts. 

We are part of a larger team at Wattpad HQ who work directly with writers. In a nutshell, Catalina and Petra are focused on discovering great content and surfacing it to Wattpad Studios, which is a team that works closely with entertainment partners on finding great stories that can be turned into books, TV shows, film, and even video games. Sound interesting?

The Talent Scouts champion up and coming talent within Wattpad HQ and interface with writers when there is third-party interest from an entertainment partner in their work. That means if we send you a DM, please, please respond! We're so excited whenever this happens and hope you are too.

We pride ourselves on being connected to the most vibrant, talented community of writers in the world. If you love something Wattpad is doing or think we can do better, reach out to us via a Talent Scouts DM.

What else do the Talent Scouts do?

In the coming weeks and months, expect to see exciting contests and initiatives hosted on the Talent Scouts profile. Be sure to follow us for the very latest!

How can I get started writing on Wattpad? 

We love new writers and have tons of amazing resources to help you get on your way to writing something you'll be proud of.

If you're a newbie and need help with the basics, check out this Writer Support Site in our Help Center, where you'll be able to find answers to all your questions about how Wattpad works for writers. From how to start your own story, adding a cover, promoting your story, and copyright protection, we have you covered.

If you've already written a story, or are well on your way to completing one, but would love advice on how to take it to the next level, check out Writing on Wattpad 101. This guide provides information on how to make your story more appealing (from selecting your cover to writing an intriguing description) and how to amplify its reach (you'll be a tagging pro in no time).

For general writer tips, visit the Wattpad Writer's Portal page, where you can brush up on skills that will help any writer get the most out of Wattpad.

What value can Wattpad bring to me as a writer?

Your experience on Wattpad is what you make of it. For some, finding readers who connect over their story is the end goal, while for other writers, it might be to see their story play out as a blockbuster movie. Wattpad is a place that gives writers the platform to make their dreams come true, big or small.