Chapter Thirty-Three~

I was in my bed, leaning my head on Niall's chest as we watched a movie.

Liam was in a play pen asleep by our bed and Claire was staying at Niall's mum's place.

She flew to another country without me and I felt awful.

I didn't realize that I was tearing up and Niall wiped my eyes, kissing the top of my head softly.

"Don't cry Samara." Niall whispered.

He never used my full name.

He always just did what everyone else did and called me Sam.

I liked the way he said my name.

"Why shouldn't I?" I whispered to him.

He kissed my nose softly, hugging me to his chest in comfort.

"My mum is going to call us everyday to know how Claire is doing. Liam, he's stable, and you're strong." He said, looking me straight into the eyes.

The doctor said the tumor had grown excessively large and Chemo alone wouldn't help.

I would need countless amount of check-ups and surgeries.

I had never been operated on and it sacred me.

"You miss Claire." I said simply, trying to get my mind off of my illness.

Niall laughed, wiping his eyes..

"More than anything in this world."

Claire was always daddy's little girl and I knew that Mrs. Horan was going to have to call us dily to get her to sleep.

Niall's voice soothed her, especially when he would say 'I love you' to her every night.

He was a good father.

Niall re-positioned himself so that I was laying down on top of him and he kissed my forehead.

"Samara Payne, you are the most amazing mother in the world. Not only do you have the strength to let your daughter go for the best of her benefits, remaining to stay strong, but you check on your son everyday and you still manage to walk out of this house with a smile on your face. Do not let some silly news about cancer bring it down because you can defeat it." Niall said, his forehead touching mine.

I was feeling awful, but his words made me smile.

I kissed him, holding both his cheeks in my hands and I pulled away.

"I love you." I whispered.

He smiled and whispered back, just as sweetly.

"I love you too."

I laid m head on his chest, feeling my eyes droop and he hugged my waist.

I felt safe, for the time being, but there were more challenges to come..

--------

I got home from the hospital after my Chemo session.

I walked into the bathroom and examined myself.

I had gotten skinnier.

Little Liam and Niall weren't home because Niall took him for a walk in the park.

Father-son days I tell you... I grabbed my brush and began to brush my hair, but I was a clump of hair about as big as my fist fall off of my brush and onto the ground.

My doctor told me hair loss was side effect, but I didn't want it to be so soon.

I grabbed the hair clump and threw it away in the trash.

I walked to our bedroom and I rummaged through Niall's bedside table.

I found out something a while ago.

Zayn liked to shave the sides of his own hair when he felt it was growing our, but he made a mistake.

So, he lent the clipper to Niall so he could do the shaving for him.

I know... Zayn amazes me too.

I found it at the bottom of the drawer and I smiled.

"Gotcha." I whispered.

I ran to the bathroom an plugged it in, turning it on and feeling fear rush though my body.

I grabbed scissors from the kitchen, running back to the bathroom and I put it over a large strand of hair, but my cell phone began to rang, causing me to jump slightly.

I grabbed my cell phone and saw it was Niall's mum calling me.

"Hello?" I answered, still holding the scissors in my hand.

"Samara! How you feeling?" Her sweet Irish voice greeted me.

I chuckled, more nervously than humorous.

"Been better Maura... How's Claire?" I said, biting my lip.

Maura laughed and I heard a baby giggle in the back ground.

"She's been a doll. Harry comes by with the boys every once in a while to play with her. She seems to take a liking towards Harry..." Maura said in a cheeky tone.

I chuckled softly and nodded.

"Yeah, ever since she was born Maura." I said, a small smile on my face.

"Well dear, I guess I'll leave you be. Tell Niall to call me later. He's not answering his phone."

I smirked and rolled my eyes.

"He's out with little Lia, but I'll give him the message." I said kindly.

"Bye!" Maura said.

Then she hung up, leaving me alone in the bathroom again.

I grabbed the scissor and cut off a large stand of hair, watching it fall to the floor.

I looked at the mirror and cut off two more strands, making my hair look longer on one side than the other.

I kept cutting unti my hair was short and it looked like Liam's when her was on the X-Factor.

I grabbed the clipper and turned it on running it along my head, feeling fear was over me, but I tried my best to ignore it.

After a while, all my hair was on the floor.

All of it.

I felt a tear fo to the brim of my eyes and I ignored it, running to the kitchen grabbing a broom, and beginning to sweep up the hair.

I looked different without my hair.

I was cold and it just looked weird... After I swept up the hair, I dumped it into the garbage bin.

I heard the door open and close and Niall's voice call out.

"Sam! Liam and I are home! We brought you your favorite ice cream!" Niall said.

 I sat on the bathroom floor, feeling shame was over me.

"I'm in the bathroom!" I called out.

Niall walked in, holding Liam in his arms and he gasped, stopping in his tracks.

"Your hair...."

I nodded and smiled halfly.

"I was losing it already." I said in a whisper.

Niall smiled.

"Well, we have good ice cream, why don't we eat it?"

Liam nodded, clapping his hands.

I rolled my eyes and got up, walking to Liam and Niall.

"I get first bite." I teased, running into the kitchen.

My hair was gone... Was I still beautiful in Niall's eyes?