Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

Fifth Chapter

I was sitting outside on the bench, watching a pair of birds in an argument

I was sitting outside on the bench, watching a pair of birds in an argument. One had apparently taken some toothpaste or whatever from the other. It was clear to everybody, they weren't really talking about toothpaste. Che dropped down next to me and sent me another one of his trademark smirks.

"So how long do you think it'll be before they start brawling?" he asked and leaned back against the backrest, his arm resting on it. I just glanced at him and didn't answer. "I bet the big one is going to win." 

I snorted. "He has a limp. Probably an old injury. The smaller ones are faster. He has large leg muscles and spends most of his time on the running track. The smaller one is going to win." 

"Fine, it's a bet then," Che said and chuckled. 

The bigger one towered over the smaller one and growled something I didn't bother to catch. They were so going to fight in a second. But then two guards came walking through the yard and broke them apart before the fighting even started. Che sighed and snorted. 

"Well, let's call it a tie then," he said, his dark eyes glistening in the spotlights illuminating the yard.

"Sure," I said and rested my elbows on my thighs.

"So you favour speed over brute force?" Che asked and mimicked my position. 

"No. Both are necessary for a fight," I said after thinking it over a bit. 

"Did Cal tell you that?"

"Why?" I frowned and turned my head towards him. 

"Oh, just curious. You seem close." 

"We were at the prison in Ireland together."

Che raised his eyebrows at me. "Wait... He has been here for like 10 years. How long have you been in prison?"

"Since I was 5."

"Wait what?" He rose to his feet, his back turned to me. He whirled around and looked at me in a weird way. "So that's actually real? We all thought it was just a rumour." 

I shrugged. "It's not."

"Holy shit... They locked up a 5-year-old kid? Bloody bastards." He ran his hand through his dark hair, looking like he had a hard time fathoming this new information. I was surprised to see anybody react this way. Why did he care?

"For what?"

"I bit a bug girl," I replied, not seeing any reason not to tell the truth. 

"They locked up you for that? I allegedly killed a fish." Allegedly meaning he had done it, but he still denied it.

Killing a fish is almost a certain way to get a bullet in the head, so I was curious as to why Che wasn't just executed. It must really have been allegedly, as in nobody was actually sure.