Meeting Preston

A NOVEL BY XXRECKLESSSXX

JUNE 25, 2012 1:41AM

~ Meeting Preston~

Picture on the right is Maya :) 

Chapter One

It's amazing how you come to see a divorce when you're at the young age of 8. Grow up to be the troubled 17, almost 18. Seeing your mother so happy to see her best friend, Angel getting married to some rich man with money, I think his name was Everett or something. I'm not sure, but even if his name isn't Everett, Angel doesn't really go good with anything, other then Chase or Avery. But even them make it sound so wrong.

So here I am, sitting in my dorm room to my boarding school staring at the mirror. I was wearing a dark blue, almost black dress that on every inch of it had a flower pattern on it, some where red, pink, orange, blue and even some white. It stopped above the mid-thigh, but not so much it was slutty. I matched it with a pair of heels that were the same color of the dress, a blue that was almost dark enough to become a black and some bracelets. For my make-up I did a light pink, almost the same color as my lips for a gloss, and for the eyes I did the outline of my eye in a light blue, with black eyeliner doing a mini cat eye without it turning into one.

Once I was finished with getting ready I was waiting for my 'date' to come. I'm not dating everyone at the moment so I just asked the closest thing to it, my best friend since I got here. Most people that are girls have girls as best friends, me I had one girl friend and we weren't even close. Actually I wouldn't even call her a friend she's nothing but a back stabbing bitch. She tried to take Anthony away from me. Anthony was my date for tonight, he's dating a really nice girl that doesn't go to our school. Sadly. I liked her, she was one of the girls that I could actually hold a conversation with and not have it turn into anything about boys. I mean I love talking about them, they were just like candy. So many brands, so many different, well everything. Almost everything is different. No man is the same.

Not wanting to break out of my inner thought I had to. My cell phone was going off and it read 'Bean :)' which was my contact for Anthony. I answered it, already knowing he was going to say that he couldn't make it and blah, blah, blah. "Hello Ant." I answered already losing my temper, I mean I had anger issues, not like bi-polar ones but enough to know when to leave me be. "Hey, listen I can't make it-" he was still going to talk to me, but I cut him off simply telling him to so suck something and hung up the phone. I didn't really need Anthony, I just didn't want to drive. I mean I have my license but I hate driving. It honestly sucks. Being in a car for such an odd amount of time and but being alone sucks.

Not wanting to be late to the wedding I quickly went back to the mirror to make sure my hair that was in simple curls that went over my shoulders but didn't go any farther then my back, my make-up the way it was a couple minutes ago, shoes in my hand.

Yes, I know it's weird that I have my shoes in my hand it's just because I hate shoes. If I could walk bare foot everywhere I would.

~.~.~.~

My school was only a half and hour away from where the wedding was being held. I walked into the big church, they must have had a lot of people coming because this place could easily hold up to 1,000 people. The place was filled with ivory and purple coloring everywhere. Plus Angel and Everett's face was everywhere. They turned the church into a hell house, all you could see the was devil. Oops sorry, I just spotted my mother. She was a tall women, skinny. I mean it looks like she had aids. I bet she does, the only reason is why I didn't just go to a public school was because she wanted me out of the house. She had my sister, Aaliyah.

"Honey, your dress is extremely to short for a church wedding." She snapped at me. I just nodded and went to my seat to see a gorgeous man, that must be around my age was sitting next to me. I went to sit down but he stopped me, "Uh, this seat is for a Maya Hastings." He said giving me an apologetic smile spread across his face. I gave him a smile back. "Thank you for reserving my seat. I'm Maya Hastings. What's up?" I asked plotting myself down next to him. This was going to a great wedding if I got to look into his beautiful emerald green eyes through out the night.

“Oh, ha wow I'm sorry, It's just that I got told that a young girl was sitting here, I was expecting maybe the oldest 13. You must be, what 16 or 17? Ha sorry I tend to ramble a lot with new people, just tell me when to stop if I get to bad, I'm Chace by the way. Chace Preston, my friends just call me Preston.” He said, with a real smile on his face, not a sorry one or most of the time when I talk to people there smiles don't reach there eyes, his did.

All through out the wedding even when they we're saying there vows we talked. We never had an awkward silence, well because there wasn't any silence. We kept the small talk to a minimum, and had full blown conversations, never ending. Which for me, was AMAZING since I lose interest quick. I mean that I have ADD, which they give me medication for, but I kept forgetting to get more of, since like last month.

     Once the reception was over, we had to go to this hotel thing, place. I had to share a car with my sister, Aaliyah, who kept giving me dirty looks the whole time. My mother, Angelia, another one who kept giving me glares and dirty looks the whole time, my step father, who kept giving me successive looks, the pedophile, I swear I think he's doing Aaliyah. Then the one person who I liked in this car, Chace. I think he seen the way I looked when we had to get into out car and took Antony’s place. Thank god, my mother hates Anthony and that's another reason why I wanted to bring him. She doesn't like him because he isn't a quarterback or whatever else is in football. She hates me because I won't be a slut that bounces around with the cheerleaders. (Not that there's anything wrong with cheerleaders, I love the sport just not most of the people) That's why she loves my sister so much, she's the biggest slut and the captain of her cheer squad. Good for her. 

Hey everyone, thank you for taking you time to read this :) I'm really excited to write this book I want to get it published in a REAL publishing comp. I already have people calling me :D I'm so excited. Well I need someone to edit my work for me, Please :) Okay well please vote, fan and comment. I'll comment back to you and fan you back too!

Thanks.,

xxRecklesssxx