Meeting Preston

Chapter Two

Picture to the right is Anthony (also nickname Tony) :)

Meeting Preston

It's been a week. It's been a week since I went to Angel and Everett's wedding. It's been a week since I sat next to the most awkward person I've ever met, well besides myself that is. It's been a week since I talked to Anthony, I mean he's tried to talk to me, but I just can't seem to face him right now. It's been a week since I heard from my mother and her sex craved boyfriend or whatever he is to her. It's been a week since I talked to Chace. Yes, I know I've only seen him that one day, but I just can't seem to forget him.

I lay in my bed, awake since I don't know when I finally decided that I would go to 'sleep.' From that I meant, Iwastired, but right when I lay in my bed, right when I close my eyes, I can't seem to get him face, his laugh, his gorgeous eyes out of my mind.

"When have you ever been this hung off a guy, My?" I snapped my head up to see Anthony, leaning on the door way with a light smirk on his face.

"When have you been known to, knock, Tony?" I asked, glaring at him. Giving me a knowing look, he just laughs at jumps on my bed. Knocking me to the floor. "So, are you going to miss out on any more school this week Maya?" He asked, of course looking at me. I looked at the time, 3:00 in the afternoon. "Sh!t!" I called out scaring Anthony so much he jumped off the bed, falling flat on his butt.

"Well, well, well. Isn't it the cutest couple." Mia, the school slut called out from my door, laughing and walking away, but not until she called out to Anthony, saying 'had fun last week, hope we can do it again some time.' THAT got me pissed. "Anthony, get out." I sneered. I usually never got mad, so when I do it's a good reason. "Maya, can't we-" I didn't even let him finish his sentence, "-Get out Anthony Ross, and DON'T come back!" I told him turning to face the door, pointing to it. "Get. Out." I said threw clenched teeth. I closed my eyes waiting for a sign that he left. Which I got. I heard him stomp his way to the door, but not slamming it until I heard his final words. 'Whatever he did to you, I DIDN'T so go bitch some place else.' He sneered his words, and then of course slammed the door so hard it made me flinch a little.

"I just lost my best friend." I said, so quietly that only myself could hear.

~.~.~.~

After the little steam blow off with Anthony yesterday I finally brought myself to get out of my dorm room, and go to class. But what caught my attention the most was that the rumors of a new kid coming tomorrow.

"Uh, Mr. Porter? May I go to the office?" I asked as I raised my hand. I just nodded and shooed me away. I got up and grabbed all my books. Since I didn't have Anthony any more, I honestly don't feel safe. The guys here are sluts practically. I mean they almost have someone new everyday. But that's besides the point.

As I reached the office that felt so cold you have to wear a winter jacket during the summer. The lady behind the desk was talking to a student, so I stood behind and waited. Once they finished, the student turned around and walked past me quickly. "Hey Maya, what can I do for you today?" The lady behind the desk asked me. "Uh, nothing much Auntie. I was wondering if we were getting a new student?" I asked, wow this sounded more awkward then It did in my head. She nodded her head. "Uh, when is she arriving?" I asked again, even more awkward. She laughed a monstrous laugh. "Hun, It's a he and he's sitting right behind you." She told me pointing to the boy with his head in a book. I just said a slight oh that I'll be surprised that she heard. "Chace, Hun can you come here for a moment?" Oh and did I forget to tell you that the women behind the desk was my aunt. The only person in my family that I liked. "Yes. ma'am?" The new kid asked. I looked up from where ever I was looking to see Chace. Chace from the wedding. "Chace?" I asked, dumbfounded. He turned to me, probably with the same expression as me. "Maya?" He asked, but he was smiling. Wow this couldn't get any more awkward. "Yup. In the flesh." I said while I scratched the back of my head while doing an awkward laugh.

Finally he sensed the awkward. And started scratching the back of his head too. "You're going here now?" I asked, he smiled again. "Yes I am. Are you starting here, too. So maybe I'll now someone here?" He asked, this kid never stopped smiling. "Uh, no I'm not new here. I've been going here since 9th grade." I stated proudly. He said a simple 'oh.' "But, you'll still now me. I'll help you in any way." I said smiling at him.

He's contatious!