23

"How could anyone live like this?" gasped Theora seeing the disarray in her closet. On her side everything was in order, all the clothes were neatly on hangers, all the drawers were closed and not one thing was out of place. The other side was a complete different story countless clean shirts and pants lay on the floor along with yesterday's dirty clothes, all the drawers were open with socks and underwear in a mess some hanging off the side of the drawer some on the floor.

"Did you say something?" Nicholas asked coming back into the closet he had already worn his suit and was in the process of putting on his tie.

"What is this?" Theora said pointing to the mess

"What's wrong?" Nicholas completely oblivious

"You don't see anything wrong with this closet? Are you serious?"

"Why is something broken?" Nicholas shrugged. Theora's mouth hung open he doesn't have the slightest clue she thought.

"Look at my side then look at yours" Theora said crossing her arms over her chest glaring at him.

"Yours has dresses while mine is mostly shirts and suits"

"And.."

"And its slightly neater"

"Slightly! Nicholas it's like a tornado hit your side"

"What's the big deal Theora? Misha will clean everything up anyway"

"Misha might be your maid but she is still a human being and I just can't live like this. I can't focus with such a mess it makes me anxious"

"Okay I'll fix it" he said closing all the drawers with things still sticking out of them "there all fixed"

"Ugh you're completely hopeless" Theora said in disgust opening them back up.

"If you weren't such a mama's boy maybe you would've learnt how to clean up after yourself" Theora muttered angrily placing everything in order in all the drawers then closing them.

"Hey rule #2! Being civil with each other" Nicholas said

"Well then rule #8 everything that is on the floor or out of place goes straight to good will!"

"Hey what about rule #6 no messing around with my stuff"

"If it's out of place then it's fair game" Theora shrugged picking up the clean shirts putting them back into their hangers.

"I'm going to be late for work maybe I should make that rule #9 no arguing with the husband before work" he said tying his tie "Ouch!"

"What happened!"

"My arm it's throbbing all of a sudden" Nicholas held his arm in pain

"Have you taken your pain medication?"

"No" he replied meekly. Theora shook her head

"Well of course it's going to hurt then. Leave it I'll tie it for you" Theora said reaching out for his tie.

Theora busied herself with the tie as Nicholas lost himself gazing at her. She looks so beautiful when she's focusing on something he thought her eyes scrunch up slightly and she pouts giving her full lips more life. About halfway Theora noticed Nicholas' incessant stares and felt a blush come over her.

"All done" She said fixing the tie and moving away but somehow one strand of her sweater got stuck in one of the buttons on Nicholas' suit. Tried as hard as she may the stupid thing wouldn't let loose. Nicholas reached for it placing his hand over her's. Theora froze at his touch and her eyes went up to meet his. Their gazes collided and for that brief moment all that existed was them. Theora was the first one to look away her hands backed away slightly letting Nicholas try to free the strand from his button which he easily did with one tug.