unedited 20//

Chapter 20:

"Happy birthday, Madara."

It all happened so fast, one moment I was tucked in my bed dreaming of all the dango in the world--

And in the next moment I was surrounded by a handful of females clutching various different kinds of makeup sets and other heavy-looking accessories. Different colored kimono's were placed on my bed. All in different designs and different textures.

"This day you're sixteen, Madara-hime, you must look your absolute best." The women sang in chorus

What's the point of  looking your best for one day and look like complete trash for the rest? I sighed and frowned. "Do I really have to go through all of this just to celebrate my birthday?"

I was given no response, having to painfully endure the makeup ambush on my face and the tugging on my hair. I bit my lip.  If I end up looking like a  clown I will  rather not celebrate this birthday at all than look like this.

"Ahh, Onee-chan, you're really old now." Said  Izuna as he walked into the room.

A tick mark formed on my forehead. "I'm just sixteen, Izuna, I'm not that old yet." ----

Says the more than a hundred year old ma--woman. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Izuna, I want you to experience what I'm experiencing for your sixteenth birthday."

"B-But I'm not a woman!"

"Then be a woman."

Izuna opened and closed his mouth before quickly exiting the room. "Never!" I heard before he completely disappeared from my line of sight. I shook my head. Only to receive a pinch on my side. "O-Oy!"

"Stop moving your head around, Madara-hime, you're  going to ruin the hair-do."

I groaned, how much longer do I have to suffer from this?

-------

Blowing the candles wasn't really supposed to be such a heart-warming event, it wasn't even supposed to be worth crying for--

So why was my mother and my other relatives except of course-- my father, crying out so loudly just because I blew a few candles

It's not the end of the world.

After I blew my candles my father exited the room, I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. So he won't even stay for the rest of the night?

As everyone started to eat my eyes were travelling from one dish to another, just to find that one specific food---

But it was not there. My dango was nowhere in sight.

In an instant my mood turned sour and I sighed for the millionth time  today. "I'll  go for a walk."

"Bring someone with you."

But I was already gone.

_______

Out of all the days this could've happened, it happened on my birthday.

Standing infront of me was an injured man, with long brown hair reaching his back, he looked familiar. But I just can't remember where I had seen him, or when I had met him

My eyes immediately landed on the very visible bloodstain on his clothes.

What I didn't notice was the way his eyes widened as he saw me. "Is....that you?"

I gave him a look of confusion. Yes it's me, the real question is if you're thinking about the right person.

"You're alive." He mumbled out in disbelief.

I also gave him a look.
Do I even know you?

Realizing he was getting closer and closer by the second, I stepped back.

I felt his cold hands on my cheek. "I..... missed you."

I most certainly did not, psychotic stranger.

"Is this a dream?" He mumbled. "Please...don't be a dream----"

Before I finally decided to push him away and put a little space between us. I didn't have enough time to.

"--Madara."

So many thoughts found their way into my head, how does he know my name? Who was this? Am I supposed to know him?

Before I could find an answer to my thoughts.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of lips make contact with mine.