Prologue

Zoey Sawyer

She has everything.

She's perfect.

I doubt that there's no day that she isn't living like a princess.

She can do whatever she wants and a lot of people will still like her.

Those are the words that are usually implanted and said by every student in my school when they are asked who Zoey Sawyer is.

Just because I was born in a home where I was given a silver spoon, I have parents who are well known and are successful, I have good looks and slim body, I'm the valedictorian of our class, the leader of the cheering squad, the prom queen and the most popular girl in school does not mean I technically have it all.

Just because of this basis, they presume and entitled me to be perfect and the girl who has it all. I'm not perfect, I do not have it all and no one will believe me.

I don't mean to or intend myself of being labeled as one of the popular people in school, it sort of just ended that way considering with my family background and how I manage to pull of things and the way I was able to connect with a lot of people.

I have skeletons in my closet and only I, know about them and of course, my childhood and long best friend Linda who has been there for me through thick and thin. She understands every bit that I'm going through and she is probably the one who have seen the worst parts of me which everyone doesn't seem to see because of my perfect facade in school.

One of these secrets that I have been hiding is Riley Summers. A lot of guys had asked me out in high school and no one seems to fit my ideal type of guy or the guy who I want to be with because I have my eyes on one specific guy and his name is Riley Summers.

Riley Summers isn't a bad boy but everyone thinks that he is because of the vibe that he's been giving to everyone in the school. He's attractive but no one seems to like him because of the way he acts. He's mean, everyone says so. He tends to be mean towards people whenever someone tries to talk him out or just plainly hang out with him and no one knows why the dark prince ended up being the way he is as he rather wants to be alone than being around with people.

He was labeled as the dark prince because the word 'dark' was because of his dark demeanor and 'prince' because of his attractive look.

If everyone would ask me why I like him, they'll think I'm crazy but the only person who knows that is Linda.

I've been crushing on him since freshmen year and I only realized that I have to make a move because I can't stand living like this where all I can do was just look at him. High school is over, I'm in college and so was he. What's the most intriguing part about it was I and Riley are in the same University, the same course, and the same class. And it's up to me, to make my move.

--

Freshmen year

"Are you going to try out for the cheering squad? I mean, you could easily get in when they know that you're no other than Zoey Sawyer." Linda rolls her eyes as she tries to make a point.

Everyone already knows me even if I just started high school. No one can blame them especially when you have parents of which your father is a successful businessman and your mother is a well-known fashion designer.

"You make it sound like I can have everything." I sigh as I lean my back on the locker and she laughs, "I don't need to sound one because you can have everything."

"Linda," I try to make her stop with all her nonsense and she finally gives in, "I'm sorry, I know what you have been through and I just want to somehow made you feel good about yourself."