Chapter 1 - Miss Perfect

Zoey

Everything was set in place, my books, clothes, necessities and everything that I need are perfectly placed in each of my bags and luggages.

"Why does it look like you're not going home for a year?" Linda chuckles as she glance at my belongings which are all placed on the floor.

"Should I?" I ask, "I mean, no one would even notice that I'm here anyway because no one is usually home but just me." I said truthfully.

My parents are always away and are always never home. My father is a successful business man and he always go around in trips and by that, he is only seldom at home and when he is, he's still on his laptop or office, doing his work.

My mother, on the other hand, is a fashion designer-- who is always not home because she is always in need to be around with the models and to do designs for her collections.

My life is not perfect as it seems. I may have everything but I don't have my parents with me and it's always like that since I was a kid and the only one who will keep me company is a baby sitter or Linda.

"C'mon," She tries to lighten up the mood, "Don't think about things that will only get us in a sour mood." She stands up with her hands placed on both of my shoulders, "You're lucky to be on your own, on a pent house which is made for you because of the fact you're in college, I mean, who the hell will give their daughter a pent house just because she's starting college?" She comfortingly said.

"I don't really care about the pent house, I would rather stay on a normal dorm and have a normal roommate than be stuck on a luxurious pent house and I'm the only person living there just like this one." I gloat.

I always feel lonely at home and whenever I think about the fact that it's been forever since I last bonded with my parents, all I can feel was sadness and as if a deep hole was engraved in my chest.

My parents decided to bought a pent house for me which was just a walk away from the university that I'm going to study to and I didn't asked them to do that for me but they insist that they rather want me to live in a place that is more suitable for their daughter than a plain dorm and be with strangers that I don't even know.

I think being a college student is about having to know what you really want, getting to know new people and experience new things that you couldn't experience in high school and I don't even get why they want me to be alone in a pent house when I should be meeting my supposedly roommate in a normal dorm because I think it's supposed to be that way. Don't they even experience that when they were college?

Sometimes I don't understand if they are over protective or just plainly giving me things that I don't want just to make up with the time that they haven't spent their time with me.

"Should we talk about Riley?" She changes the topic, making me feel less annoyed with the sudden thought.

"You hate him, why do you want to talk about him all of a sudden?" I scoff and she laughs, "Duh- because you like him, are you sure you didn't follow him or decided to take the same course as him?" She eyes me suspiciously making me laugh.

I wanted to be a veterinarian, I love animals and since when I was a child, I always dream of being a doctor for animals. I didn't change what I want to be with when I grow up and my parents supported my decision even if they are always not there, they provide but never meddle with my life or decisions. I guess the only thing that I'm happy about is I'm free to do what I want but sometimes I wish I have strict parents who will scold me because of little things-- a sign that will show me that they truly care about me.