Chapter Thirty-Two

Zara's POV

Thankfully, I'm feeling much better a couple of days later. I go to university the next day with Hafsa, and to work for the remainder of the week. The week flies by. Time flies when you're keeping busy. I've been busy the whole week, so I'm relieved when it's finally the weekend.

Today is Saturday 24th February, and I've just realised something. It's Zaid's birthday next month. March 20th is his birthday. He will be 25. I have no idea what I'm going to gift him on his birthday, but I want it to be something special. Something he will like. He already has everything he needs, and more, so I'm very confused about what I should give to him on his birthday. I'll think of something soon.

I sleep in until 10am, and I am feeling very content when I wake up. I have decided that today I will have a lazy day. I'll stay in today, and just relax. Maybe I'll give myself a mini manicure later on. I deserve it, for working so hard. Especially at the office. It's hard work, but I enjoy every second of it. I love working for the company. And of course, I love seeing Zaid all the time.

I didn't see him much at the office these last three days, though. He was there, but he was busy in meetings and appointments with clients. I bring his coffee to him every morning, but apart from that, I saw him once on Thursday. That's it. I know I saw him the day before yesterday, and even yesterday when I gave him his coffee, but it honestly feels like I haven't seen him in ages. I miss him. We haven't had a proper conversation in days.

I get out of bed and shower, before changing into a warm khaki woollen dress and black leggings. It's really cold today, so I'm glad I chose to wear something warm. I go downstairs, into the kitchen. Maryam and Mum are also in the kitchen, making breakfast. Looks like Mum also chose to sleep in today, and Maryam. My sister always does, though. She's even lazier than I am.

I make myself a cup of coffee, and grab a doughnut. Not the healthiest option, I know. I don't care, though. I wouldn't get fat even if I tried to. I'm lucky like that, I guess. I eat loads, honestly, I eat so much all the time, but I hardly gain any weight. The same goes for Maryam.

'Good morning, Zara!' Mum says to me, smiling.

I give her a small smile back. "Morning, Mum. You just woke up, too?"

She nods. 'I woke up about half an hour ago. Your father just left to go to his friends' house. Usman's house. For the football game.'

I nod, chuckling. "Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Liverpool are playing today. They better win! What will you be doing today, Mum?"

I walk into the living room with my coffee, after finishing off my doughnut. Maryam and Mum also join me in the living room. 'Not much, dear. Well, not in the morning, anyway. I'm probably just going to be catching up with a few shows on TV in a small while.'

I nod. "I'm just thinking of staying at home today, too. I'm in the mood for a lazy day. I haven't had one in ages. What will you do after watching TV?" I ask.

'Well, Zara, Hafsa's parents are coming this evening. Did Hafsa tell you?' Mum asks me, a small smile on her lips.

I frown, confused. "Are they? That's great! No, she didn't tell me. Is Hafsa coming, too?" And Zaid? Probably not. He must be busy today, he's had a lot of work this week. Even more than he usually does.

'I'm not sure, I hope she comes too! Her mum just called about ten minutes ago, asking if we are free this evening and at home.'

I smile and nod. "Okay, that's great. I'll be at home all day, so if you need help with anything, just ask okay?" I say to Mum.

She nods, smiling back at me. 'Okay, Zara. Thank you, dear.'

********

I sit and talk to Maryam and Mum for a while, for about twenty minutes or so. After that, I go back upstairs to my room and smile. I'm gonna have a Pretty Little Liars marathon today, and it's going to be so much fun! I will be watching it alone, but I don't mind at all. PLL is the best.