Chapter 3

I froze. Erik was kissing me. Erik was kissing me? I pushed him away.

                “No, Erik I—,” I started saying. He put a finger to my lips.

                “Shh, Cee Cee. I know how you feel about me.”

                “You do?”

                “Yeah, I know that you love me, but you know Louis has feelings towards you and you don’t know how to put him down gently. Don’t worry, babe, I know.” What has he been smoking? I love him and don’t love Louis?

                “Erik, that’s not how I feel.”

                “It’s not?” I shook my head. “Oh, I know yo—,” he started saying. But this time I interrupted him.

                “Erik, listen to me. No, don’t talk,” I said when he made a noise. “Just don’t talk.” I looked at him sternly, defeating all his protests. “I do have feelings for Lou, I really do. But everything’s really confusing right now. I mean, it’s not every day that you find out your best friend’s part of the biggest boy band in the world.”

                “Well, let me uncomplicated this for you,” he said. “Why don’t you go out with me and forget about this Luke Thompson. I’m sure there are plenty of girls chasing after him.” I laughed.

                “First of all, it’s Louis Tomlinson. And second, forget about Lou? Oh, Erik, no one can forget Lou. It’s just not possible.” I got up from the bench I was sitting on. “Let’s go inside now. You don’t want them to start the party without us, right?” We went back into the school; the party was in full swing. Yeah, it started without us.

              After the party, when I was just about to go to bed, Erik said, “Oh, yeah, did I forget to mention I changed me flight? I’m in the seat right next to you, Cee Cee.” Yesterday, I wouldn’t have complained. Erik’s a fun person to be around, reminds me a bit of Louis. But after today, Jealous Erik was not someone I wanted to sit next to on a plane for several hours. I forced a smile.

                “Great,” I told him.

                That night, I couldn’t fall asleep. I kept thinking about Louis and Erik. I knew I had feeling for Louis. But most of the time, it was sisterly feelings. But when he kissed me at the airport and outside of the school, my feelings for him were definitely not sisterly at all. As for Erik, my feelings were somewhat like a celebrity crush, I guess.  Yeah, he’s cute and all, and I’d love to date him, but it just didn’t look right in my head. It was so complicated it made my head hurt. Why does love have to be so hard?

                “Marry Lou,” my mum said. What was my mum doing here?

                “Yeah,” Lottie agreed. “Marry him and we’ll be sisters.”

                “Marry him, Cee Cee,” this came from Jay. “Marry him; you’re the daughter I’ve always wanted.”

                “NO!” my best friend shouted. “Don’t marry him. He’s not for you. He’s mine.”

               “That’s right, Cee Cee,” one of my classmates said, “Louis just isn’t for you. There are millions of other girls out there. What makes you think he’ll want you, when he can have me?” Their voices got louder and louder, echoing in my head. Their words blending together. Their sounds piercing my ears.