Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

Chapter Five

Jesus, mother of God.

I'm staring at him as if he's grown a third eyeball, yet he doesn't back down. He doesn't change his course. He knows he's pushing a boundary with me, and he's reveling in it.

He is enjoying seeing me squirm.

I nearly tell him to go. The words are on the tip of my tongue, but when my lips part to say them, the only sound that escapes is shaky and reluctant. I'm too curious to turn him away, to not try things his way.

But this is new to me. I've never stripped for anyone knowing they were watching. With one random guy on the swim team in high school, our sexual encounter lasted a grand total of two minutes. Our clothing was barely out of place. And when I met Dixon, we were so hasty to sleep with one another that we never took the time for foreplay. As his health began to decline due to the drinking, the less we felt the need to find the nearest bed.

There's been no one else.

And now this man is telling me to let go of the boundaries I've put up. There's no segway, no first time hidden beneath the sheets. It's broad daylight, and I'm about to take off every article of clothing I have on for him, a man I met yesterday.

What is happening to me?

"Don't be nervous," he says suddenly. I don't know how long I've been standing like a statue beside the bed, but his gaze, his body language is frighteningly patient.

"That's easy for you to say."

"Do you want me to take off mine?"

"N-No." He smirks as I stutter. "I mean, no, not yet."

"Because secretly, the prospect of me watching you like this is turning you on."

I can't deny that. I'm nearly trembling with need.

"Take out the hairband first."

Okay, that's easy. I reach up, pulling on the tight band until my hair falls down, the soft ends of blonde waves grazing my shoulders. It's dried oddly because of the downpour I walked through.

"Your shirt."

I smile nervously, grabbing onto the bottom of my t-shirt, pulling it up over my head with a sharp inhale of courage. When I throw my shirt down onto the floor, I'm all too aware of the see-through mesh material of my bra, more importantly, that he can now see my breasts perfectly.

He doesn't say anything, waiting beside our half-eaten food.

So, I reach for the button of my old jeans, focusing on getting them off without tripping on my own feet. When I straighten, my face is hot with embarrassment.

"All of it."

Oh god. I shake my head, scoffing softly as I reach back, unclipping my bra, pulling the wet material off quickly, setting it down onto my other clothes. Through my nerves, I can notice his eyes deepen, sinking into my flesh as he takes in my newfound nakedness.

It's that look that gives me the courage to grab onto the corners of my panties and pull them down slowly, my heart pounding at the vulnerability I'm subjecting myself to.

I step out of them, hyperventilating from the chilly air in the hotel room upon my already frozen skin.

I can't believe I'm doing this. Scarlett, you've gone way too far.

I chuckle to myself the longer he stares silently, pulling my arms over my body uncomfortably, but immediately, he begins to shake his head no.

"Then say something," I plead.