Songs to Love and Die By

"Nathan?" The doctor asked as he walked into the waiting room, Nathan walked up to her worried.

"What's happening? How's Claudia?" Nathan asked frantically.

"She's being prepped for surgery. She has multiple fractures of the legs, some head trauma, a possible collapsed lung, broken ribs, and a good deal of internal bleeding." The doctor explained and Nathan felt terrible, it was his fault.

"What about the babies?" Nathan asked, he knew that if Claudia lost the babies it would destroy her and him.

"Well, with kind of severe trauma and because there is two... Look, we're gonna do everything that we can. But right now our priority is saving your wife, okay?" The doctor explained and Nathan looked at the doctor scared as he walked away. Nathan walked to the desk and slid down it. He couldn't stop crying.

___

Nathan was in the same position and he was feeling worse and worse by the minute. He needed Claudia with him. Peyton and Brooke arrived and walked towards him.

"Nathan. How's Claudia?" Brooke asked worried, Nathan stood up.

"She's in surgery." He replied anxiously.

"And Lucas?" Peyton asked getting scared, she couldn't lose Lucas. She loved him. They were finally together again.

"I don't know." Nathan replied, he was getting worried about Lucas too. "It should've been me. It was all my fault." Nathan continued, frustrated with himself. If he lost Claudia for good then it would kill him, literally.

"No, it wasn't. It was an accident, like the bridge..." Brooke began to say comfortingly.

"No, it wasn't." Nathan interrupted. "And now Claudia's in surgery and even if she makes it, the babies could... She could still lose the babies." Nathan cried a little. "And Lucas could die. My dad's in jail." Nathan finished sad. He just wanted Claudia with him.

"Nathan." Brooke replied in a comforting tone, trying to make Nathan feel better. At least until Claudia woke up, if she woke up?

"I wish I would've died under that water. None of this would have happened." Nathan said honestly before he walked away from Brooke and Peyton. They looked at each other saddened.

___

Nathan was on the bridge, where the wedding limo accident was. Nathan wanted to speak to Keith, he wanted answered. When he was in the car under the water, he heard Keith saying: "It's okay Nathan". 

"Why'd you have to save me, Keith, huh?" Nathan shouted angrily. "If I would've died, then there's no Daunte and there's no accident. And Claudia and the babies would be fine." Nathan explained, he was really upset. "Come on, Keith. You can save me, but you can't answer me?" Nathan shouted, he got no answer- nothing. "Thanks for nothing." Nathan screamed in frustration before he walked away.

___

In Lucas's dream, a parallel universe. It was life that Lucas was in. Kind of like what would of happened if Lucas didn't do this specific thing, like go back for Claudia in New York or save Peyton from the school library the day of the school shooting. Nathan walked into the Record Shop. Keith and Lucas looked at Nathan. 

"Nathan: Do you have the new Claudia Stone album?" Nathan asked and Max, the sales clerk, took his head out of the newspaper and showed Nathan the CD with his look. The sales clerk shows him the CDs with his look. "On vinyl." Nathan added and Max sat up. 

"Nice. Yeah, I got a promo copy. Right here. You know she's from Tree Hill?" Max asked as he handed Nathan the record.

"Yeah I know." Nathan replied before he broke the vinyl on the counter angrily.