Chapter 21

December 31th,1998

    With Hogwarts starting back up on January 1st, the kids would all be taking the train back tomorrow to finish the second term of school. Hermione and Narcissa had decided to take a trip to Diagon Alley with the kids while Lucius and Draco decided to stay home. Narcissa had told Draco that she agreed on adopting Teddy Lupin, and that she would be doing it during their second term. The only thing left after this would be for Draco to make Hermione his forever, but that was for another day far in the future. Draco relaxed on their living room sofa in front of the warm fireplace. The sound of crackling firewood always soothed him and sent him into a trance. Lucius had been working on the garden outside, attempting to magically build a pool and hot tub in the backyard at request of the kids. Long story short, he was bad at building things the Magic way. He'd have to call someone out to do it.

Draco had been relaxing and reading for about three hours while everyone else was busy. He was on the middle of page 394 out of 400 when he heard someone use the fireplace as floo in the other room. He assumed it had been Hermione and his family, so he got up to meet them. The second he stepped foot into that room, his face fell as his heart began thumping out of control. Astoria. A very pregnant Astoria.

"A-Astoria? What are you doing here?" He called out nervously as she inched foward.

"Draco I need to tell you something. I thought it would be better in person."

"If you're here to tell me that baby is mine, you can leave now because I was a virgin the whole time we were together." He spat incredulously.

She laughed and shook her head. "Of course it isn't yours, idiot! I came to apologize actually it's been eating me up inside."

"Go on then."

"Draco, I cheated on you in May with Harry Potter. It was before he and Ginny got together, and it was while we were on a small break when you were busy doing.. stuff for Voldemort." She explained nervously.

He didn't feel anything, not anger, not confusion. Nothing. It didn't even matter either way, he was madly in love with Hermione.
"Okay, and you came here why again?"

"Oh Draco." She cried out this time, throwing herself into a hug with him and sobbing into his shoulders. "I'm pregnant with Harry's baby, and I can't tell him. I can't bring the burden of ending he and Ginny's relationship. God, what did I do? I was so in love with you, and I went and messed it up. I fucked everything up!"

At this point he was now raging. How dare she come in and try to mess something so beautiful up as the relationship Harry and Ginny had. Surely Ginny wouldn't want to be with Harry if he'd impregnated another girl, even if it was unknowingly. Merlin, what a mess.

"How far along are you?" He snapped, seeing it was obvious it was very long.

"I got pregnant in the first week of May, after the last week of school. I can do this alone, I need him to help me with this baby. I'm due next month, and I thought I could do it myself, but I know I can't now!"

"You could have done something before you ruined Harry's life! You know how much he's gone through and in the first time in forever I've seen him happy with his life?! Can't you go give it up for adoption?"

"Draco! How dare you." She replied angrily.

"Listen, Astoria, this isn't even my problem. It's yours, your mistakes, obviously we've broken up along time ago when you decided to leave me. I'm with Hermione now, and I don't want to talk to you anymore. You need to visit Harry, NOW, and explain what you've caused. You sure were NOT a virgin, you knew the consequences of not using protection. Harry obviously was a virgin at the time, and most likely didn't know. That was all your responsibility!"