Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Do you know what it felt like to walk to my locker, wearing Blake's man-bracelet, with his arm slung lazily around my shoulder, shooting glares at whoever that stared at me, both boys and girls. It felt good and bad at the same time- I hated attention, but I felt comforted and secure. Blake had gone back to his jock-like attitude, and I somewhat missed the Blake at camp, that nice, ballet-loving Blake. Now, he had to behave like an idiotic, jerk player in front of his idiotic friends.

"Hey bro! Nice one you got! When are you gonna leave her!" One of his idiotic friends shouted at Blake across the hallway. Blake yelled back,"Soon!" and then turned to me, his eyes softening. "I didn't mean that, you know." He said seriously, and I gave him my 'I-knew-that' look. "Whatever, dude." I said, not meeting his eyes- I wanted to play him for a minute. His face fell a tad' bit, and I burst out laughing.

"That was cruel!"

He gave me the puppy dog look that usually killed me, and I sighed. Giving him a quick peck, I rushed off to my first class, which I sadly forgot, I had with Randy.

The moment I got there, Randy stood up, smiling at me. He obviously didn't listen to the news about Blake and me. "Hey, Em!" He pecked my cheek, "Nice bracelet! Did you make it?" He asked, touching the beautiful band on my wrist and inspecting it. Didn't he know it was Blake's? "Yeah, Blake gave it to me," I said as casually as possible. Randy didn't even pause, and he smiled at me. "It's nice, you have loads of arts and crafts skill."

I was kind of confused- Was Randy turning deaf? I had said it quite loudly, and I was a hundred-and-twenty percent sure he heard it as well. Maybe, he decided to ignore all-things-Blake. "Wanna sit with me?" He asked, not giving me a chance to decline, but lugging on my arm and pushing me down on the seat. Was he bi-polar? I smiled warily at him, and he suddenly leaned forward, probably trying to kiss me. Luckily, I turned my head in time, and he sloppily kissed my cheek.

"Why did you turn?" He growled softly, and I grew afraid. This wasn't the Randy I knew, and loved, in a friendly way. "Um.. My neck hurt like that, and I like my head.. Like this?" I replied, still in the same position. Randy didn't push any further for answers.

During the remaining time in class with Randy, I decided to pretend I was mute, and deaf, and tried to avoid his questions at all costs. When the bell finally rang after a billion years, I grabbed my white bag and sprinted out the door in my sneakers. Oh yeah, did I mention that I returned back to my hippie-like fashion?

Blake had told me he would like me no matter what I dressed like, and so, I went back to my usual. Today, I was wearing a white tank top, with a long patch-work skirt I had made out of Mom's curtain, skirt materials. It was pretty, I guessed. My hair had grown quite a lot since the start of the games, almost at my elbows. I needed a haircut soon again.

The other lessons passed by quickly, because I decided to focus my energy entirely on the teachers' faces, blocking myself from the world just in case...

Lunch time rolled around quickly, and I stepped into the cafeteria with a dazed look. Was I meant to look for Blake or what? I was his official girlfriend, but I didn't know if I would fit into his group of stupid, yet popular posers. Cute posers. I stood in the queue, waiting to get food, and kinda' eavesdropping on the gossip.