Chapter Two

Hi! Well this chapter is really sort of short because it's really late on the west coast D: but hope you guys like it! I'll be uploadig much more often! Thank you for reading (and voting and commenting if you did that) :D

          I fled from my father’s body, fearing that the Tauri would come back for me at any moment. I found a little comfort in the fact that I could  clearly hear if something were to sneak up on me because of the loud hallow echo that always resonated in this building. I ran to our small room in the library on swift and light feet. I burst through the door and felt dizzy from the short run. I was never really good at being athletic, especially since there was no need. I took the book from under my father’s cot in such a haste that it dropped and the papers inside went flying. I cursed and and picked them all up. The book itself was green, dusty and very worn. I opened the first page, and a note in my father’s hurried scrawl was taped to the inside:

Marisol,

If you are reading this then I must be dead. It is vital that you do what I say. This book holds very dangerous information about the Tauri, which can help take over the planet from their reign. Take this book to the eastern woods where it will be safe. You must find the man who lives in the greenhouse covered in moss. He will take you to all of the obstacles that you need to overcome in order to meet a man named Roger Clemmons. You can trust this man; he saved my life more than once. You must give him the book, no matter what.There is a map attached to this which will take you to the man in the green house. I cannot write much more because I'm fearful of how much trouble you'd get in if you were caught. Remember the Tauri are smart and evil creatures, they are not our saviors. Take care and know that I love you.

Dangerous information? Take over the planet? What was he talking about? He must have been mad! A book couldn’t give humans the power to overrule the aliens. They were too strong and too intelligent; we were inferior to them on so many levels. No, I decided. I would not go running blind into the woods in order to give a book to a stranger.

            My brain screamed back in protest. Your father was just murdered by those brutal animals! His dying wish was for you to take the book to a man he trusts as fast as possible, yet here you still stand lollygagging. They are going to come back once they realize they forgot you, and everything with be pointless unless you do something NOW! 

As reason hit me, I heard the barking orders of the Tauri and thundering footsteps from where my father had been attacked. I had no other choice but to accept what my conscience had said and escape. I grabbed a satchel and stuffed the book, matches, and a few of my belongings into it and snuck out of my only home and into the dark library. 

I had only left the library a handful of times before, and even then it was under my father’s protective hand and the Tauri’s intense gaze. I only made it out that night without being detected because of a fire in the northern Tauri part of the library which needed the full attention of the Tauri warriors. What a lucky coincidence.

I slipped through the gates a couple hours before sunrise, and I ran to the woods, leaving the modern and alien town behind me. I ran fast. I ran for my father. I ran for my mother. I ran for my old life.