"Oh, its going to drive him insane"

Hey Guys! Here is a bonus chapter! I hope y'all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

~~

  Whenever a new Alpha comes to power, the Alpha King comes to meet the new alpha and see how they are taking care of the pack.

We were give the summer to adjust, but the time had come. He was on his way and I was nervous. The whole pack was cleaning the pack house, the dinning room, the backyard and the grass is being cut. It was a frenzy.

The kitchen was one of the busiest places in the house. All types of meats were being cooked, the smell making my mouth water. On the other side of the kitchen, pastries were made, their aroma sweet. About 40 of my pack members were bustling back and forward from the fridge to the stove to the pantry and back to the stove.

Three hours later we were finished. The pack house and it's surroundings looked great and the food was set up at the table. The king was to arrive at any minute. I turned to face my pack. "Everyone, you did a great job. Thank you and I'll mind link y'all for dinner."

With a "you're welcome," they left. The first part of the Alpha King's visit was with the Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and head warrior. We sat in the living room in silence. Zach had officially become Beta mid summer. The Gamma was a 20-year old man named Andrew, and the position for head warrior was battled out between the experienced warriors. 21 year old Isabella won and her ceremony was held the week after Zach's. I had gotten to know them very well throughout the rest of the summer and we've learned to work very well as a team.

"Alpha, the King has entered the territory."

"Malcom linked me. The king is here," I said, getting up and heading for the door. The trio followed me.

We stood in a line: Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and head warrior. Feet together and hands at our sides. A black truck appeared from the line of trees and my heart rate spiked. I took a deep calming breath as the truck got closer followed by their warriors in wolf form. "We got this," I muttered.

The passenger side door opened and out stepped a man. He had short trimmed hair. Dark eyes and lips set in a straight line, he looked menacing. His outfit matched his attitude with black dress pants and a crisp, white collared dress shirt. He turned in our direction and I kept my eyes on his chin. Never look at the king in the eyes. It is seen as a challenge and that was certainly not my intention.

He stepped in front of me and I lowered my gaze to the floor. "King Matthews," I said in way of greeting.

  A hand stuck out in my line of vision. "Alpha Rodriguez." I shook his hand and lifted my gaze. He moved to shake the hands of my members after they bowed at him.

  "Shall we go inside?" He asked with a raised brow. I nodded and opened the door, letting him and a couple of his guards go in first. My members followed and I entered last. The king was sat on a couch. His posture was rigid and his gaze was wondering about the room, taking everything in. I sat in the couch opposite with Zach next to me. Drew and Isa sat in another. His warriors stood around the room.

  "How long have you held the Alpha position, Alpha Rodriguez?" He inquired.

  "Next week marks the third month, my king."

  "How has the pack been adjusting?" He directed this question at Zach.

  "Very well, my king. The pack has gotten stronger. Our defenses have multiplied. We're in a better state financially and our territory looks better kept than it has in years," he turned to me with a small smile, " She's made a difference in our lives."