23.

Jake looks up from his phone and stares right at Albert. Albert still had the present in his hands, but Jake was too nervous to say anything about it. Not only was he anxious, but Jake was so afraid he would do something wrong and mess everything up. Albert was precious to him; he couldn't bare to let him go. They've know each other for at least a year now, and their bond only grows stronger. Jake has told Albert all his secrets and desires. Each time he thought of Albert, he got a funny sensation in his stomach and his heart fluttered. Jake... was in love with Albert. If only he felt the same way.

Jake frowned but shook off the feeling and snapped back to reality. Things were tense between them again. Trying to start conversation, Albert uttered, "Can you take me to the hospital?"

Confused yet startled, Jake asked why.

"Because I broke my leg falling for you."

Jake was in disbelief, cheeks rosy from the cheesiest pickup line he's ever heard. Albert grinned from ear to ear, proud of his achievement to make Jake blush.

"That was so cheesy, man. What even tho." Jake stated. Still smiling, Albert grabbed Jake's hand, but in a bro way, no homo tho.

Albert's hands were so warm, Jake shivered from the sudden warmth in his own hands. He felt very comfortable, it felt like their hands interlinked perfectly.

Suddenly, Albert's phone rang, alarming the both of them. Albert took out his phone and furrowed his brow at the caller. "Sorry, I have to take this." He walked out of my bedroom and into the hallway nearby.

It kind of relieved Jake didn't have to feel so awkward anymore. Although, Albert's hands felt so perfect in his.

"Lana? Why are you calling me?"

A whole new worry raced into Jake's mind. Who's this Lana girl? Why is she calling my man that's not really my man but I call him my man because he's my man? Jake was immensely envious.