Chapter 5

CARTER's

I set everyone around the room with a stern look, as I walked around the room with my hands placed behind my back.

"In the next 10 weeks you are to work to your full potential and as a team to make it through all three phases of BCT. First phase," I held up a finger "will be red phase. During red phase you will obtain basic combat skills as well as gain familiarization with your equipment and gear. You are to work as a team to complete the confidence course along side your battle buddy. Everybody clear so far?"

"Yes Drill Sergeant."

"White phase will be your second stage. That will be lead by Sargent Miller." I pointed at the familiar female at the corner of the room. Silvia made her way to the front of the room and elaborated after I nodded at her for confirmation.

"This phase will help you further understand and maneuver your weapon. Also, you will be getting into level two combat tactics, which means you will be taught to close in on the enemy one on one." Finishing her sentence she slowly walked back to her little corner not failing, of course to sway her hips ever so persuasively.

It caught me a little off guard almost making me want to smirk but as soon as she was off the floor it was back to asshole mode. I cleared my throat.

"Along side that, you will be instructed on tactical foot marches and land navigation as well as map reading and compass skills. Good so far?"

"Yes Drill Sergeant." This one was weak.

"I SAID IS IT CLEAR?" I raised my volume.

"YES, DRILL SERGEANT!" Their echo increased.

"Finally, blue phase. This will be your last phase. You will be alone throughout this phase as it will be individual. It will be combination of all your knowledge obtained from all of BCT. Self discipline, increased leadership and over all working under pressure. Remember you will be alone all through this phase besides the ending. The ending scenario include a combat simulator where you will be directed by your battle buddy to survive."

"Remember," Ramos spoke from the other end of the room. "Although your battle buddy is held accountable for your guidance, you are responsible and will be counted for your performance out in the field. Is everybody clear?"

"Yes, Drill Sargent."

"Anyone have any questions so far about BCT?"

The room was silent, not a single person raised their hand. They looked like frightened little kids, like a deer caught in head light. I use to be in their spot, I remember exactly what it felt like. But I also remembered how hard I had to work to get to where I am.

"Alright, I'll hand it over to Sargent Miller who will instruct you guys on inspections." I walked over to the end of the room she was in. As I walked by her, she made sure to graze herself against me as I passed. The air in my throat caught and I stiffened a little.

She gave a tight laugh that was nearly audible and carried along to get to the front as I hoped that no one noticed our little encounter.

"There are two types of inspections that will take place all through out BCT. Number one, uniform inspections, and number two, room inspections. The purpose of such inspections is to make sure you are doing everything to the T. No slip ups, no jokes. You are to wear your uniforms to the standard. Is that understood?"

"Yes, ma'am." Everyone responded, as she continues to talk I looked around to make sure everyone was doing what they were suppose to.

"Room Inspections are to revise and make sure your room is being kept clean and organized. Your beds must be done, bathrooms must be spotless. Even the showers. Is everyone clear so far?"

"Yes, ma'am"

"Ramos, Cortez they are all yours." Silvia said allowing Ramos and Cortez to take over.

Cortez began speaking. "If I call your name you will stand up hurry off to this side of the room." He pointed at the left side. "That means you will be in my platoon. Once I'm finished Ramos will call his platoon. They are to stand, hurry off with their stuff and go to the right side of the room. The remaining are on Carter's platoon. I want this to be done quickly, is that understood?"

"Yes, Drill Sargent."

I watched as Cortez began to call his platoon. From a far I viewed them, he looked like he was going to have some good candidates. I waited till Ramos had called his members and called the remaining people in the middle of the room to my platoon.

I watched around the now familiar faces and made a mental note of how hard I'd have to work on this platoon. I got the scrawniest and weak looking of them all, of course there were some other good candidates but my whole platoon was basically a joke compared to the other two.

"Ok everybody huddle up, I need females to my right and males to my left." When they didn't move and looked at each other with confused expressions, I took a different term. "GIRLS RIGHT! BOYS LEFT! MOVE IT LETS GO!"

They quickly rushed and scattered amongst each other until they were segregated in an orderly fashion.

"Now the rules here are simple. I talk, you listen, you do! Thats it! No questions asked, no buts' and no excuses. Everybody understand?"

"Yes, Drill Sergeant!"

"First two let's go!!" I observed as they began moving, bumping into each other and off step. "ALL OF YOU STOP, NOW!"

Their steps stopped besides one. A girl.

________

Sorry for such a shameful break. Here I guess what u could call a chapter for you. Ill update as soon as I can. Glad to see a few of my supporters reached out to me, love hearing from you guys <3