Chapter One

Xavier

"You ever going to do anything about that or just stand there and gawk like a fucking creep?"

I take the last puff on my cigar and stub it out in the ashtray before turning to see my cousin, Marco, peering outside the window.

Annoyance snaps in my chest when I catch the appreciative look he had on his face. Ignoring his remark, I continue my perusal, my eyes locked on the beauty standing off to the side of the ballroom.

The sight of her makes the air leave my lungs once again. She always did. Sometimes I wonder if she is real. She looked too perfect to be real. I watch in awe as the flashing light hits her face making her creamy white skin glow and creates a halo of light around her.

God, she was so beautiful.

My eyes travel down to her body to the lacy white dress she was wearing that clung to her tight body, showing off all her delicious curves. Her arms are wrapped around her middle, her eyes darting back and forth from the floor then back to her father. I hate that look on her face. She looks uncomfortable. Innocent. Untainted. Definitely doesn't belong in a place like this where vultures were gathered. And for some fuck up reason, that shoots a thrill straight to my cock, making it thicken and pulse as I imagine all the ways I could defile her.

When I catch the leering gaze from some men, I make a mental note to pay them a visit later. It took a lot of fucking control not to stomped over there and claim her like a fucking beast for everyone to see.

But I couldn't. Not yet.

For a second I just closed my eyes, wanting to go over there and pull her into my arms, to tell her she was mine, that she had been for all these years.

God, I could picture that she was right here by my side. My Angel was so small, half my size. /So breakable./ I was such a sick motherfucker.

"Dimitri sure knows what kind of gem he has." Marco laughs and throws back the remaining of his drink down his throat.

My teeth gritted at his words as blood rushes to my ears and jealousy course through my body. It makes me want to smash something. I didn't want to demand what he knows so far because he's been more of a pain in the ass lately. He knew something was up but since I refused to tell him shit, he's decided to make my life hell.

When I didn't answer, he slumped down behind my desk and put his feet above. "Does he even know you'll be coming tonight?" He sneered. "You know, if you change your mind already I wouldn't mind tapping that sweet ass—"

Instant jealousy reared its head, a possessiveness that I'd only ever felt with Felicity taking a stranglehold on me. Everything in my blood rushing through my veins as pure rage filled me. Before I knew what I was doing, I gripped the edge of the table and used my strength to flip it over.

Then I picked him up from his chair and slammed him against the wall, not even caring when he howled in pain from the force.

"Don't. Fucking. Think. About. It." I growl right into his face. My instinct is screaming to ripped him from limb to limb. He must have seen the intent murder in my eyes because he stop struggling and let his feet dangle in the air.

"I'll kill you. Each and everyone of you before that even happens. Don't test me!" I let my words hang in the air and I welcome the familiar feeling of satisfaction creeps in my bones as I watch his eyes threaten to bulge out of its socket, his short gasp for air quickly become music to my ears.

There had to be a limit to the boundaries a family could cross. If my father didn't care about him so much before and he wasn't family, I would be tempted to end him right there.

"Xavier.." He pants helplessly.

I know I should let him go. But I can't seem to erase the image he painted in my mind. So instead, I struck him in the head and let him fall to the ground, unconscious.

Reaching over my table, I grab my phone and dial security. "Get him the fuck out of here," I bark before shutting my phone and walking back to the window.

She's gone.

Icy panic seared through me as my eyes frantically search the room for her. When my gaze finally landed on a familiar brown hair, my panic eases. She was talking to a family friend, Amelia. Her smile tight, and her eyes wary as it darts around her. I can only imagine how hard this must be for her. Her fucking excuse for a father didn't deserve her. Not even close. Now that I know about his true intentions for her, he just fucking nailed his own coffin. Two years of waiting already feels like a fucking lifetime to me. It's time to put an end to it.

Reaching out, I touch the glass, wishing it was her cheek instead.

"Soon, Angel." I whisper.