Chapter 17 : Thanksgiving (Part 2)

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE ! Enjoy reading! 

Adar loosened his stance, and threw his dagger on the floor, smirking. The look on his face was one of insanity.

Is he mad? Cade Thought, Is he trying to surprise me with an act of-

"I'm ready," said Adar, with a look of no emotion. He stepped forward, spreading his arms open to an attack at the chest.

Cade launched forward, drawing two jagged knives from his coat, crossing them at Adar's neck.

Adar's eyes showed calmness.

The scent of blood entered Cade's nose.

"You're injured," laughed Cade, stopping a few centimeters of ripping Adar's throat to pieces. "You already have a wound, from Hughes I presume?"

Adar grinned. "Cut open my chest, he did."

Cade took a few steps back, sheathing his knives.

"I thought my vision was wrong, but I shouldn't have doubted it."

"Vision?" questioned Adar, smirking. "Do you seers truly believe that power belongs to each of you?"

"I propose a duel," stated Cade. "We will meet at the edge of town in a month. By then you should be healed. I wish to fight you at your best!"

I believed my self insane, thought Adar, but this man is beyond help.

"This is my best," replied Adar. "What more do you wish to see?"

"Everything!" Exclaimed Cade, eyes full of a hunger. He spread his arms open and walked backwards. "Your power, your skill, and your revenge do I wish to see with my own eyes! The other seers have spoken rumours of you, saying that you even dared to attack Langstrom!"

Adar felt a liquid suddenly come from his mouth, streaming out on the side of his lips.

He wiped at it, feeling a warm substance. Looking down at his hand, Adar's eyes furrowed. Blood? How?

"What did you expect?" Cane asked, folding his arms against his chest. "You forced your body above and beyond your limits. That attack was well played, explosive and surprising. I should have realized it as soon as you shifted your weight. I was surprised when you gave up so quickly. Now it all makes sense. Your injured, badly. After that failed attempt, you knew chance of survival was nearly zero."

Adar remained calm, leaning against a pew. "Why do you wish to fight me? There are others; John, Martin, and a few of the watchmen around here would be sufficient, would they not?"

Cade grinned."You simply wouldn't last in your condition right now. I want to best you at your finest health, when you can show us your true colors, blood colors."

Adar looked at him. Cade was obviously a lot tougher than he had previously calculated.

Now looking at his arms, showing out from his cape and coat, Adar could see the size of his thick, muscled forearms. His biceps looked like miniature cannon balls, his chest like a barrel.

Cade grinned, and hid his arms back inside of his cape.

"Do you accept my challenge?" Cade asked.  "Langstrom gave me only a month. If you cannot face me by then, I will have no choice but to retrieve you... ready or not."

"Where is Langstrom?" asked Adar, his voice full of poison, his eyes with fire.

Cade gave a wicked smile, his eyes squinting like those of a psychotic person.