01. The Party

"We're all friends, aren't we?" Adam says. I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to answer. To be honest I don't think we're all friends. Yes, we do hang out every weekend but still there's this connection missing. "Absolutely." I answer eventually.

As we're playing beer pong I notice him, Evan. We never really had a conversation. The only way of communication between us is by calling eachother names.

He walks up to me.

"How come you're here but your friends aren't?"

"I don't know, I guess they weren't invited."
I get invited more than most girls in our group. I'm a lot closer with the boys than they are.

"Do you want to play on my team?" he asks.

"Sure, but if we lose you owe me one." I answer teasingly.

"You're on! But if we win you owe me one." He responds laughing.

We shake hands and we start the game playing against Adam and Amy. Both of them are our best friends. I have known Amy for 7 years now.

I throw the ball and it goes into the last cup. Evan practically jumps on me and gives me a big hug.

"We won! I knew you were the right choice, Gabriella."

"We make a great team." I hug him back.

As time goes by everyone's pretty drunk. We're all dancing in the room and having a good time. I see Evan going outside for a smoke and decide to follow him.

"You're stalking me now, sweetheart?"

"Who do you think you are calling me sweetheart?" I ask him offended.

"Relax, it's just to be nice I don't mean anything with it." He lights his cigarette.

"Well, great." Somehow I'm kind of disappointed by his words.

"So why did you come here?"

"Just to get some fresh air. It was getting hot with all the dancing."

"You got some moves , I saw them." He says smiling.

"Thank you. I guess. Not so bad yourself."

"Mind to dance with me then? Remember you owe me one." He says with a smirk as he puts out his cigarette.

"Let's go for it."

I grab his hand and drag him to the dancefloor. Suddenly I realize I'm about to dance with Evan. We never even really talked.

I feel his hands on my hips. His body drawing closer to mine. I feel nervous. He guides me to dance with him. He makes some jokes and I can't stop laughing. I'm having a great time.

"Why haven't we ever got together like this, Gaby?"

Gaby... I like the sound of that nickname.

"Maybe because you always had to pick on me!"

"I did that to catch your attention." Evan says teasingly.

"Well it didn't work, did it?"

"I guess not." He smiles.

He then grabs my waist and pushes me to the hall. Before I can yell at him, his soft lips touches mine.

Were kissing. Were actually kissing.