53 | HOME

53 | HOME

SONG SUGGESTION: Carry You (feat

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

SONG SUGGESTION: Carry You (feat. Fleurie) by Ruelle

Greyson's fingers twitched as she picked at one of the arrows in her quiver. It wasn't one of Beetee's fancy exploding arrows, it was plain and solid, simple enough to kill with.

A numbness rose inside her as her and Finnick walked where the chariots used to ride. She glanced down at the concrete, the memories of many defying moments gracing her. Katniss stood beside her, the girl oddly quiet.

Greyson tried not to look too long at the well-hidden burns on the girl's neck. The explosion had hit Katniss the hardest, since she was the closest. Greyson had learned that the same explosion killed her sister and many children, the explosion made by Gale and Beetee. Sickeningly, Greyson couldn't look Gale in the eyes anymore, and her heart lurched because she knew how much he loved Katniss.

Peeta walked up to stand beside Haymitch, who stood tall and surprisingly sober. Peeta nodded to Greyson and watched as Greyson turned to Finnick, kissing him on the lips so delicately and softly she heard him inhale sharply even over the roaring of the crowd. In her own stomach, she felt butterflies flutter around inside her, reminding her of the first time they shared a kiss.

In front of her, Snow was tied up to a whipping post, facing the crowd with a grimacing smile. He knew he was going to die, but by who: Katniss or Greyson, he had no idea. Plutarch thought it would be better to have Katniss execute Snow, since her wounds were more "fresh" as he had put it. The only reason she had an arrow and bow was for show. But she had decided long ago that she wasn't playing anymore games with Snow, so why she had a quiver full of arrows confused her fragile mind.

The winter sunlight blinded Greyson as she stood next to Katniss, her shoulders back, gracefully watching as Katniss pulled back the arrow, staring into Snow's beady eyes. He licked his puffy red lips, menacingly watching them both, his eyes flickering between the two of them.

It wasn't fair, a deranged part of Greyson's mind whispered. It wasn't fair Katniss got to kill Snow and she didn't. But as Greyson watching Katniss' arrow tip upward toward where Coin stood watching, She yanked out and arrow from her quiver and shot it into Snow's heart at the same time Katniss shot Coin, but the only problem was that Greyson didn't stop as tears flowed down her face, firing arrow after arrow into Snow's chest, until his shirt was soaked with blood.

When she reached back, a hand pulled her to someone's body, crashing into them as she sobbed. She couldn't find Katniss within the madness of the crowds as they jumped from their seats in a rampage of shock. As she looked up, blinking away the glistening sun, she saw an ocean of green and blue waves crashing against her stormy eyes.

Infelicitous | f. odairजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें