Calum -

I groaned in frustration as I threw my pens at my folders. I let a tear roll down my cheek from stress. I’ve been trying to figure out how to study for this exam but nothing seems to work, nothing is sticking in my head. I covered my face with my hands as I let a sob escape, my door suddenly squeaked open when I rushed to normalise myself. “I got you – what’s wrong?” Calum’s voice suddenly changed, I looked up to him feeling like I could just breakdown then and there. He put down the cups he held and walked over to me, “What’s wrong?” he pressed on. I breathed in, “What makes you think something wrong?” I asked as I picked up my pen again and gripped the side of my head with my resting hand. I could feel him reading over my shoulder as his hand rested on my page of scribbles, his thumb right near the wet spot where my tears fell.

Whoever came up with integrating the alphabet with numbers should go to hell. My brain felt like it needed to be physically soaked in an ice bath. I left my pen fall once more as Calum’s lips press to the side of my head. “Come here” he whispered as his arms wrapped around my shoulders, letting my head rest on his stomach I felt peace. I heard his fingers fiddling with things on my desk as I felt another stress filled tear fall down my cheek. “Stand up” he ordered quietly, I did as I was told as he guided me over to my bed, lifting my legs onto the bed.

I underestimate him sometimes.

I watched as he fiddled at my desk once again, when I heard soft music play “when your legs don’t work like they use to before and I can’t sweep you off of your feet, will your mouth still remember the taste of my love? Will your eyes still smile” the lyrics played out. He turned around and gave me a soft smile before telling me to move over. I slid across my bed when he rested his head right in front of mine, letting his dark chocolate eyes pour into mine.

It’s been days since I’ve seen him, but nothing compared to the months I’ve spent without him. At least I can see him, but sadly exams are closer than I care to think about and I have to decline every offer he makes to hang out; he even just sits and watches me study when I can’t hang out, waiting for Ashton to come pick him up.

“You’re okay” he whispered as bunched up his sleeve at his fist to wipe away the wetness from under my eyes. “You don’t have to be here” I told him as his hands ran from my ear to the tips of my hair. “The stress in your eyes tells me different” he said as his hand found mine, slowly entwining our fingers together, sending chills down my spine. “People fall in love in mysterious ways, maybe just the touch of a hand” lyrics sang out through my room. “I don’t care how long you have to this exam, you’re not studying tonight” he told me, I went to protest but the look on his face told me I wouldn’t win this conversation. “Shouldn’t you be with the boys?” I asked, “Aren’t they going to that guys party in Liverpool?” he shook his head as he continued to look at me, he slowly etched forward and peppered kisses all over my face. “This is where the party is tonight” he smiled before chuckling at me. “Oh yeah, the place is really hopping” I said sarcastically. He moved forward once more and placed his lips softly on mine and closed.

It’s moments like this I miss when we aren’t together. Being a part for such a long time takes a toll on me, on top of that is school, and assessments and exams, then there’s my job and my family and my responsibilities around the house. I just need this time with him, time with him to just be me, for me just to be with him.

“I fall in love with you everyday” the lyrics sang out one last time.

“I fall in love with you every day” Calum whispered to me.

I opened my eyes slowly to see the seriousness in his. Confirmation that he still loves me brings comfort more than anything.

He moved closer to me and engulfed my body with his. Tonight is ours, all ours.