chapter 1

The warm sun rays kissed his skin lightly as they shone through the gaps in the curtains, warming Harry from the inside out. He opened his eyes to the sensation and lolled his head along the pillow and turned to the man lying next to him, his man, his Louis.

As he noticed the other man stir, Harry closed his eyes again, pretending to still be asleep. It was a game he played every now and again, where he would act oblivious to Louis' silent acts of adoration.

Some people never escape their childhoods, not really. It's like a part of them just feel as unsafe in the adult world as they did as children. Louis was like that, not letting people in, hiding behind a cold and almost intimidating exterior. Flinching at loud noises and not daring to speak of things he was not sure of. 

He had however shown a different side when meeting Harry two years ago, a warmer and more sensitive person. He had yet to use words to prove his feelings, so Harry therefore let him do it his own way.

He could sense the other man waking up beside him, and even though his eyes were shut he could feel Louis' gaze on him like the warmth of a flame.

Harry took a deep breath and cuddled deeper into the sheets, his acting worthy of an award. He soon felt the presence of Louis hovering over him just as expected, his breath washing over Harry like a summer breeze.

He could feel the radiation of Louis' skin on his lips before it touched, tracing the tip of his thumb across it slowly, carefully.

Harry fought the blush that was slowly forming on his cheeks, his heart fluttering at the affectionate attention he was getting. Though he knew that if he continued the act, it would only go so far. Louis would never take anything from Harry without asking.

So Harry opened his eyes and found that Louis wasn't just looking at him, he was marveling. 

   "Morning." His voice hoarse and warm as he murmured.

Harry smiled and reached his hand up to caress Louis' face, to which Louis closed his eyes and leaned in to the touch, letting out the rare yet familiar hum of safety.

His face so well defined, with a strong jaw and angular cheekbones. The slightly tan complexion of his skin going well with his ocean-like eyes.

   "Your interview is today. Have you tried on the clothes I bought you?" Harry asked as Louis leaned down to steal a kiss. 

The man nodded as he flitted his fingers across the waistband of Harry's trunks. Easily stirred, Harry pulled the other man close and gently brushed his lips against Louis in a way of confirmation.

Louis then slipped his hand lower to cup Harry's already growing bulge, beginning to work him through the fabric, causing Harry to arch his back and moan softly into his mouth.

As Louis was just about to pull the underwear down, his phone alarm rang, stopping all movement. 

   "I'm sorry." He sighed, stole one last peck before sitting up on the bedside. He reached for the phone on the wooden nightstand, turned off the alarm and rubbed the rest of his sleep from his eyes.

   "I'll forgive you, I know it's an important day. Just know that I am expecting a continuation tonight." Harry smirked and sat up, pulse still thrumming between his legs.

Louis threw an amused look over his shoulder before getting up and walking out of their shared bedroom.

Louis did not have his own place when they met, but had eventually been given a key to Harry's apartment after he so romantically yet stupidly had tried to enter it by climbing up the drainpipe to the sixth floor in the middle of the night, falling and hurting himself in the process.