CHAPTER SIX

Cell Foreshadowing

School sucks. Big time. Never in my wildest dreams did I think talking to Zac for like, 5 minutes was going to turn me into Sabrina's number one on her most hated list. (Trust me, it's a really long list.) I totally should have seen it coming though, I do own every cliche chick flick ever filmed.

Sabrina and her minions have started to, in very subtle ways, make my life hell. How? Well, let's see; yesterday my locker door fell off. And the red chips of nail polish kinda gave Britney away. I wonder how hard Sabrina had to play the "you're such an awesome friend, and I'm such a shit friend" card to get her to actually pick up a screw driver.

Then in science on Tuesday one of Sabrina's groupies "accidentally" dropped hydrochloric acid down my leg. (It was very diluted so I only have a mild burn-but still, OUCH!) and the list continues. The lowest of lows was the ketchup and fries that she smashed onto my shirt at lunch today, then in front of everyone acted all sorry, and pretended to help me to the bathroom saying she had another shirt for me.

Yeah, it was her dads old ACDC concert shirt with grease stains on it.

"It suits you! You look just perfect in that!" Her malicious eyes glint with evil intent. "Now everyone can see you for what you really are! A total freak!" Her croonies laugh maniacally behind her as she's exiting the bathroom. Britney spills her coffee over my head on the way out, just before Sabrina turns and says "Oh, and, smile!" She snaps a photo of me with her shiny new iPhone. Screw her.

Well, at least Carley came through on her promise, or well, Blake did. Turns out he has a family friend visiting from Europe who's just gone through a really harsh break-up. He showed me a picture, and he's really cute. In an Irish red-hair-green-eyes sort of way.

He's supposed to be taking me out this weekend, and in truth, I can't wait!

***

I throw my bag on the floor and collapse on my bed. Today was hell. Funny how that one word seems to describe my life lately. My phone beeps with an incoming text; it's Caleb. Blake gave him my number so we've been texting all week. He seems really cool. Maybe a little too into sports, but cool nonetheless.

"Hey, how do you feel about dinner and a movie tomorrow? Too cliché? Lemme know. Cx" Also, his insistence in using perfect language to text people is kinda irritating.

"Skwl was hell. Dnnr nd movie sounds awsum. Wat u wanna c?"

I pull out the 300 tones of homework I was assigned and start working on the Trig exercise we were assigned when my phone rings.

"Hey, love! Hope you don't mind my calling, I just prefer it over texting." Caleb's accent is actually really cute. He sounds just like Niall from One Direction.

"Hey! No it's totally fine. So what do you wanna see this weekend?"

"Are you into action? Because that new Spider-Man movie looks really awesome." I grimace. Action movie? On a date? Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Spider-Man, if I did Blake would totally have my head, but, it's just not right to set that super-romantic vibe I'm looking for.

"Uh, sure, sounds great!" I fake an enthusiastic tone, as if all my hopes for the date weren't just dashed completely.

"Awesome! I'll pick you up at six tomorrow. I can't wait to actually meet you!"

"Me neither." I timidly respond.

"So, tell me, why was your day hell?" He asks after a slightly awkward pause. I don't want to tell him about the plastics, so I just blame my crap trig teacher.