Part I Chapter 16 - Deal

***Lynett***

Ah~! What a nice weather we are having today! The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and not a single cloud in the sky. A perfect summer day.

"Mother fucking asshole! I'm going to murder you! I'm jealous of the people who had the chance NOT to meet you! Your existence itself is a joke, a proof that the Creator had a good sense of humor! Why don't you shut your mouth for once?! It's not like you were going to say something smart one day! I don't know what makes you so stupid, but it really works!"

"Aww! It's cute when you try to be intimidating! I don't know which language you're talking in, but all I hear is bullshit! Beauty is skin deep, but ugly is to the bone! I used to think you were pretty, but then you opened your mouth. Look at you, stupid fox! I can't even beat you up, it would be considered animal abuse!"

That is right. A very beautiful day. I am currently sitting in an armchair placed by to the side of the courtyard, admiring the scenery in front of me while drinking some tea. I wonder what mother is doing right now? I should have asked her to keep me company, she likes tea after all.

"LYNETT! Aren't you going to do something about him/her?!"

I sighed. "Shut up already, and leave."

Seriously... Those two are really annoying.

It has been two weeks since Yoko and Harri first visited the mansion. Surprisingly, nothing much happened after that, so my daily life returned to normal. Except for one thing... Ever since, those two have been visiting EVERY-SINGLE-DAY. I first thought that it was because they were bored, and they would eventually stopped coming, but I was wrong.

I was naïve. By claiming this territory and imposing the No-fights rule, I thought the conflicts between Harri and Yoko would subside and that things would eventually calm down. Haha... I was sooooo wrong. Since they were not allowed to solve their disputes by dueling, each time they had a disagreement, those two just came here instead, asking me to be the judge. The worst thing in this story is that their disputes were always over something trivial. Seriously... How old are they? They are supposed to have lived for thousands of years, yet I feel like watching children.

Yoko and Harri's daily visit first surprised everyone in the house, especially my uncle and my aunt. I am pretty sure Uncle Jack really regrets telling them to 'come visit whenever they felt like it' now. To be honest, I do not really hate it since they keep me company, but... Do they really have to come every single day just to complain? So far, their daily disputes pass as lover quarrels, but at this rate, their cover will fall apart.

Ever since I discovered the weird state of my aunt's mana core, I couldn't find out any more about it. I had absolutely no lead. If there was someone targeting the family, then the suspects were way too numerous. As nobles, they had a lot of enemies. Besides, it's not like if I could have Yoko going around kissing people randomly, just to inspect their mana core. Especially not my uncle, he is married -I think. I never met them, but I heard that he had a family. They weren't living here though... which is kind of weird if you think about it. As the Marquis, shouldn't his family live with him in the main residence?

That's suspicious...

"Ugh... This is annoying. I'm getting a headache..." Yoko complained, massaging her temples.

No kidding. You've been shouting non-stop for who-knows-how-long.

"Young mistress!" A voice suddenly called out.

Turning my gaze in the direction of the voice, I noticed Ivy running to my side.

"What's the matter?" I asked.