00:05

//Dedicated to Ray for sharing a wedding with me [we're getting married to Germany playersl] and for being beyond funny//

.

Ellie

 .

"So spill."

Shar nudged me with his knee, sitting with legs sprawled next to me on the rattan sofa. I was seated with my legs crossed and my hands resting between them. Andrea, who goes by as Andy, was sitting on the grass floor, swirling her drink in her hands. She was pretty with beautiful brown hair that hung loosely around her shoulders.  When I caught her running away from Jon Collins, I knew she wasn't one of his playgirls and I also knew we had things in common.

We were both running away from boys.

Unfortunately, Jon saw Andy getting in Shar's car and I knew these two boys for quite some time to know there were still odds between them. I could practically see the flames fuming from Jon's head when Shar sped out the parking lot.

Fortunately for me, Nate wasn't spotted in the area... yet. I haven't been to the bench under the lamppost for two night so far. I avoided every turn he could possibly be at and made sure I had lowered my head when I walked. 

We were prone to making eye contact when passing each other in the hallways and I couldn't afford any sort of contact with him, whether it was physically or through the distance.

"It's complicated," Andy started, her eyes fixed on Shar. Shar raised his eyebrows, telling her to try him. With one deep breathe, Andy started spilling out everything.

"It's been over a year arrangement that, at night, I would sneak into Jon's room and sleep with him." My eyes widened, feeling peculiar about her admitting to sleeping with Jon. Never did I-

"Not sleeping... Just sleeping which just involves cuddling most of the time and the rest involving eyes being closed."

Shar and I both exhaled in relief. Andy did not look like the type to be doing that all year round. But she did look like a girl that would easily get attached.

"You like him?" Shar questioned her in a soft voice, and even though his eyes were covered in shades, he was directly looking at Andy.

Shar was waiting for an answer when Andy snapped her eyes on me, pleading me to not further question her. 

"Shar, honey, can you please get us drinks?"

You seriously just called Shar honey... Trouble Ellie exclaimed dubiously.

I think that's cute... Good Ellie piped up.

Shar slowly turned his head to face me, lifting his hand to lower his shades. His bright hazel eyes stared at me, his mouth pursed into a straight line. "Did you just call me honey?"

I pushed myself off the rattan sofa and reached over to Andy's half-empty glass and dangled the cup in Shar's face. "Don't shame yourself in front of your guest." 

Shar stood up and snatched the glass out of my hands. He had his shades back on but the fiery glare penetrated through the shades.

"You only get to call me honey the day I wed your ass." Shar shot out, stomping away. His backside was clamped with khaki shorts and he was wearing a short-sleeved white v-neck. "Which is never happening," he shot back when he got to the kitchen door. I laughed behind him, dropping back into the soft sofa. 

"Thanks Ellie." Andy sounded beyond grateful and I waved her gratitude away with my hand. 

"It took me hours to spill about Nate to Shar and I've known him for a long time. It must've of been hard to talk about Jon to a boy you just met."