[eight]

"On three?" I whispered.

Michael and Calum nodded in response.

"Pillows ready"

"One"

"Two"

"THREE!"

The three of us started smacking Luke repeatedly. I couldn't help but break into laughter. Luke curled into a protective ball after a few seconds of our attack.

"What the hell guys" he mumbled under hotel pillows.

"Wake up!" Calum shouted.

"We're going to be late" Michael added, setting his pillow down to psychically shake Luke.

He groaned once we stopped hitting him, and sprawled out on his back.

"We have to be at the radio station in twenty minutes. So haul ass" Michael demanded.

"Twenty minutes!? What time is it!?" he cried, sitting up.

"Seven forty" I told him, pulling on some shoes.

"Fuck no" he muttered.

"Get uppp" Calum laughed.

"I'm not a morning person. Just leave me here" he cried all to dramatically, falling back onto his bed.

In the end, it took all three of us to drag Luke out of bed. That took five minutes. Then making sure he looked presentable took ten. So we arrived ten minutes late to the station.

I remember people at the station yelling. I remember having to set up our band crap in a hurry.

But sure enough, we were set to play at eight thirty, like we were supposed to. The lesson learned here was, don't underestimate 5 Seconds of Summer. We were only fashionably late.

As we all took our seats, each one of us exchanged glances. It was just another show. Deep down though it wasn't. People were at home listening to us that truly cared for what we were doing. Our career was really taking off. So we had to play our best, no matter where we were playing. Whether it was now, or for our tour next year.

"1...2...3...4" Luke mumbled.

*

*

*

All of us were exhausted. Content, but exhausted. Sure it was late in the afternoon, but it'd been a long day. Calum, Michael and Luke were all playing video games they somehow managed to hook up into the hotel tv. I instead sat back and was more moral support than anything else.

"Luke, go LEFT!" Calum screamed, jerking his controller to his left.

"I'm trying!" Luke shot back.

I eyed Michael as he was intently trained on the screen. It almost made me laugh aloud.

Somehow over the blasting sound effects of the game, I heard my phone ring. I quickly answered without looking at who it was and held it to my ear.

"Hello?" I called out.

"Hey Ash!" shockingly, it was Lexie. Her voice was so cheerful it forced me to smile.

"Oh hey! Sorry, hold on. Let me get to somewhere quieter" I explained, completely leaving out hotel room.

"Yeah, what is all that noise? Am I calling at a bad time?" she wondered.

"Oh no! No!" I echoed.

"It's just the lads playing video games. It's okay now though. Sorry! I'll stop rambling. What's up?"

I heard her giggle a little, and I scrunched my nose up with a little smile.