Chapter Seventeen: Meeting

Luca's POV

*****36 hours before ceremony*****

"This is the fifth rogue attack we've had in one month."

I threw the files out of my hands and pulled out a map of all our territories.

"Alpha Mason, we were the last ones to get ambushed, we barely made it out alive."

I put my hand up stopping him from speaking.

"I understand. A few weeks ago I had two rogues held captive, they said something about a prophecy."

"Prophecy?" Alpha Leo questioned.

"I've heard about this prophecy, the one about the death of a king?" Alpha Zander asked.

I nodded my head folding my arms.

"Yes, one about me... dying and Theo taking my place and becoming king."

"Theo? As in Alpha of the rogues?"

I grabbed a pen, taking the lid off with my teeth.

"He is planning these attacks, he found our weak points."

I drew a circle around the River's Pack, looking at Alpha Zander.

"You guys were the first ones to be attacked, when did he attack?"

"Near the afternoon why?"

He found out the shift changes of the guards. I looked at the 5 Alphas sitting around me.

"He figured out our schedules. I'll send some warriors to all your packs, more protection and we can communicate better." They nodded. I drew a circle on my pack this time.

"He attacked my pack next. This was before I met my mate, a couple of days before." It weakened my pack warriors, recovery was hard.

"Do you think he might have figured out that you were meant to meet Luna Queen?" Alpha Rick pitched in.

How in the hell would he be able to do that?

"I don't know, but that's a good thought. Hold onto that."

I drew another circle around the Jordon's Pack. I gave Alpha Derek a quick nod.

"You were after, but the attack wasn't as brutal. It seemed to be more like a warning."

I met Diana that same day, the day she stole my heart the moment I laid eyes on her.

"You're right, we did perfectly fine, only a few rogues."

I drew a line from Xavier's pack towards mine.

"He attacked Alpha Xavier's pack, as bad as mine, but only did it once. This was the same day I had met Diana, apparently, she was at the pack as it occurred."

I bit my lip from growling, she was with that bastard.

Speaking of the devil, Diana opened the door, slowly walking in. The Alphas turned their head and stood up immediately bowing their heads in respect.

"Luna Queen, a pleasure to meet you." Alpha Leo said.

I put my arm out wanting to feel her touch. She put her arms around my torso and gave me a small kiss on my neck.

She looked at all the Alphas giving them her award-winning smile.

"The pleasure is all mine." I rested my hand on the bottom of her back, pulling her closer to me. I gave her a side hug, my chin resting on top of her head.

"Was there something you needed love?"

"Well, my ceremony is tomorrow and I need some help with decorations, Blake and Mon are nowhere to be seen! I'm not risking putting the responsibility in my group's hands." Shit.