Chapter one: Fiery golden eyes

2013, December 24th, France

"Dahlia... I want you... I want your body... I want you, my beloved little girl... and I want your soul..." I heard a raspy, haunting voice whispering in my head, hypnotizing and seducing my body and soul.

"Who are you?" I whispered back, looking around the cold, dark, empty field. I can't see anything but snowflakes falling from the sky, clouding my peripheral vision. My bared feet are numb from walking on the thick snow yet strangely I don't feel cold but my mind knows it's cold. My eyesight suddenly caught a familiar old oak tree but oddly I can't remember why it looks familiar. I roamed my eyes to the vast surroundings, searching for that beautiful, enthralling voice. Nothing. I continued to walk and then out of nowhere, I saw an enormous manor, appeared out of nowhere, standing grotesquely, few meters away from me. My feet started towards the monstrous house but a strong gust of air and snow whisked harshly in front of me, scraping my fragile skin like a blade cutting through my cheeks, stopping me from moving forward. I winced not from pain but from the rusty taste of my blood which streamed down my cheeks and into the corner of my mouth.

"Stop! Do not come close! If you do I might not be able to control myself anymore... Go!"  The stranger's mysterious voice spoke again in a fiery, angry tone.

"But why? I don't understand..." I asked curiously and forced myself to move forward again. There was no answer. Then the strong wind disappeared and I was surprised as I am now facing the big antique door with iron hinges. I grabbed the iron door handle and pushed it open. The door creaked menacingly loud as it heavily opened. I entered the dark yet attractive interior of the manor. The ceiling is very high with artistic curves of dark wood, paneled marble walls with gold intricate designs. All the furniture are exquisitely charming and medieval. The dark red curtains draping on the huge windows are made of fine silk. Everything I see is screaming elegance and royalty like a a prince or a king is residing in this beautiful yet lonely enormous manor. "Hello? Anybody here? I am lost and came across your house.. Can you please tell me where am I?" I shouted yet only the cold silence answered me back. I walked and walked but I didn't see anyone then I saw a dark door is ajar from the west wing, tempting me to come and take a peek. As I am facing the front of the door, I hold my breath and slowly pushed the door wide open and my eyes beamed of fervent curiosity as I saw a very tall dark haired man with broad shoulders, facing his back to me. The room is dark with only a single vintage wall lighting sconce dimly lit.

"Hello--"

"I told you not to come." The mysterious man spoke in a clipped, raspy voice. 

"It was you!" I exclaimed incredulously as I came to recognize his familiar voice. The man slowly turned his head like a slow motion, to face me. I can't contain a gasp of pure awe and admiration as I met his golden eyes. I can't perfectly see his features as he is covered in the darkness of the room. However, just by gazing at those bewitching gold eyes, I am mesmerized. I slowly walked towards him like I was hypnotized. His golden eyes are oddly familiar like I once stared at those beautiful golden specs, admiring them. I am an artist and I am always captivated with anything beautiful and this man here is beyond beautiful.

"Do not come near me, human! I can smell your lustful desire!" He said in pure disgust and I don't know why I felt hurt by his harsh tone. My eyes slowly watered uncontrollably as his words pierced through my heart. Human? Isn't he human? Or simply because I'm just a plain looking human unlike him who has a superior beauty beyond any human such as myself? I felt insulted as I know I am no beauty. I'm not ugly yet my beauty is of any ordinary human girl. I also felt embarrassed as it seems my desire is quite transparent to him.