Chapter 1

"Please, Lennox we need you as our wing woman."  My best friend Kayla West said giving me her puppy dog eyes.

This is how I ended up sitting at the bar of a crowded hangout in our stupid town. The bartender Neil, a man in his twenties I considered one of my friends. He was dressed in his usual work uniform.
I looked towards the middle if the dance floor seeing my friends dancing. (if you could call it that.) they looked happy and so carefree. Kayla's dark chocolate hair was in curls to the middle of her back. Her blue dress went to the middle of her thighs. Isobel Ashley has dirty blonde hair in a pixie cut. Her floral dress went to just above her knees. They were both gorgeous.
"What's wrong? You look so down tonight." Neil said sliding me another sprite across the bar.
"I guess this isn't how I like to spend my Friday nights." I said letting out an exasperated sigh.
"Why don't you tell them then." Neil asked going back to get drinks for the other kids at the bar.
"They needed me as their wing woman. I guess I don't want to hurt their feelings."
My friends ran up to me at sat on either side. Kayla smiled at me. "You know you should come dance. There's this really cute guy." Isobel said.
"Thanks but no thanks." I smiled back at her. Their attempts at cheering me up are pointless.
"Come on Lennox. This is why we brought you here." Kayla said. She threw her hand over her mouth.
I sent her a glare. "I thought I was here as your guys wing woman."
"You are kind of." Isobel said giving me a small grin.
"No I'm good right here with Neil." I smiled at the bartender.
"Whatever." Kayla said dragging Isobel back to the dance floor.
"Neil can I get another sprite."
"Give me one second." Neil said coming back from the storage room.
After I got my drink I just sat there with my copy of Romeo and Juliet.
I don't know what it was but I could feel someone's eyes on me. I turned around and saw the school's man whore Alex Mason. He stood their looking cocky. His black shirt was strained against his six pack. The dark hair at the top of his head. His sky blue eyes staring deeply at me like they're trying to get into my soul.
I turned around not looking at him. He was an asshole, jackass. You see I hate him he goes around every day with a new girl hooked on his arm.
The seat next to mine moved I knew who it was, but I did not want to look.
"Look I need your help." Just the sound his voice made me want to puke out my breakfast.
"Why Alex, so you can get into my friends pants?"
"Actually yes."
"Man whore." I whispered loud enough for him to still hear me.
"I never know you thought about me."
"I don't think about you jackass if I did it would be murdering myself in your presence."
"Ouch. You sure know how to hurt a guy's ego. No wonder no one wants to date you."
"What did you just say?"
"I said no one wants to date a girl who doesn't want yo shake their ass in front of everyone."
"For your information I don't want yo date anyone. Leave me alone Alex." I felt like shit. Of course no one wanted to date me. I'm a loser, a staight-A student, a nerd.
"Are you even listening to me?" Alex said his lips close to my ear.
"No I'm don't want to listen to you. Go find someone else to torture." I said still staring off into space.
"Help me I want to lay one of your friends."
"I'm not helping you with it asshole."
"I'm not leaving until you do."
"Fine, because you'll be sitting there forever because I'll never help you." I played with the end of my dark purple shirt. I looked at my black converse and then looked back at him. "Please Alex leave me alone."
"No can do cupcake."
"I have a name you know."
"I do but cupcake suits you."
"Ugh I hate you." I growled at him.
"No you love me." Alex said giving me his cocky smirk.
"I'm pretty sure the way I said it was right."
"Whatever."
I opened my book again and started reading.
"Romeo and Juliet?"
"Yay you can read." I said sarcastically closing the cover again.
"No shit Sherlock I'm in high school."
"I'm still surprised."
"Yeah, well don't be." Alex said annoyed.
"What crawled up your ass?" I traded.
"Nothing crawled up my ass. You should get out there and shake your ass like your friends."
I was beyond mad. I grabbed the glass of ice cold soda and threw it in his face.
"What the hell bitch?"
"I'm not a bitch. You know what it was for." I turned around to the dance floor and found my two friends. I grabbed them and dragged them into the cold January night.
"What the hell Lenn?" Isobel yelled as me got in my old blue Chevy truck.
"What's wrong?" Kayla asked turning on the heater. "We were dancing."
"I threw my drink on a guy." I said turning down Kayla's street.
"I call you guys tomorrow and tell you." I told her when she opened the truck door.
"Okay." she yelled getting out and running to her front door. She turned and waved before actually going inside.
"Are you going to tell me Now or tomorrow?" Isobel questioned.
"Tomorrow." I said pulling up to her gray house.
"Bye, Lennox."
"Bye, Isobel." I waved.
I drive home to see my mom's car in the driveway. I turned off the car and ran inside.
"Hey baby." she said sitting on the tan couch.
"Hi mom."
"How was your night?"
"Good I'm gonna go to bed though. Goodnight." I said kidding her cheek and running up the stairs to at a time.
I brushed my teeth and shut my blinds before getting in bed.
My brain was filled with images of Alex Mason drenched in my sprite soda. I laughed as I laid down to go to sleep. My dreams were very unusual they had Alex in every one. Damn him.