Beginning of forever

The day was everything I imagined it would be. The Blake's backyard was decorated with all white chairs, tables, and lanterns. There were lavender colored peony flowers everywhere in sight, instantly making the whole backyard glow.

I was incredibly nervous. I kept peering out of the second story balcony window to see who was arriving, what was going on, and if he was anywhere to be found.

I hadn't seen him though, and that was making me even more jumpy. I went over to attempt on focusing on anything to keep my mind busy. I started to fix my hair and do last minute touch ups of my makeup.

I was feeling lost and upset that my parents couldn't be here on this day. I like to think they are watching over me, and that they are with me in spirit.

Just then, Rachel and Theresa come in the door. Rachel looks as if she could explode at any moment. Her eyes are twinkling as she looks at my dress, which makes me happy she approves.

Theresa's eyes start to water. "Mac, you look absolutely beautiful!"

I start to get a bit choked up myself, so I answer by giving her a bone crushing hug.
"Thank you for accepting me into your family."

"Of course! Now, let's get you ready before we both ruin our makeup!" She laughed and helped me walk down the steps toward the beginning of forever.

****
(Masons pov)

The whole wedding party had already walked down the aisle, now I was just anxiously waiting for my girl. It was taking forever, and I was beginning to look around nervously to look for her. Then I stopped in my tracks when I saw her.

I have never seen a prettier thing in my life!

Mac looked drop dead gorgeous. She was wearing a white dress that was tight on top and flared out at the bottom and had some sparkles on the top half. It was strapless and she was wearing a necklace I had given her after our engagement.

Her hair was down in loose curls and she had her flowy veil over her face, but even with that, there was no denying the huge smile on her face as she walked toward me, with both of my parents escorting her the whole way.

The sight of her made me burst into tears. I don't think I have ever cried in public, or that much ever in my life.

Ok pull it together man.

She finally makes it to me and gives my mama a hug and daddy a kiss on the cheek and takes me hands in hers.

Our pastor then started the ceremony.

"We are gathered here to celebrate the love and joy of Mackenzie and Mason on this beautiful June evening. Mackenzie and mason have written their own vows to share their love in front of you and each other. Mackenzie?"

Mac grabbed the microphone and brought it down to her height.

"Mason, I never knew it was possible to love someone as much as I love you. There were so many things in my life that were going wrong in my life before we met, and now, none of those things are important because I found one way to fix all of my problems. You make me forget about my past, because you give me hope and give me a future to look forward to."

She the paused to wipe away the tears that were streaming down her face.

"I promise to love you every day of forever. I promise to always be faithful to you, and to make you happy, and I am honored to now be your wife." She says as she slowly puts my ring on my ring finger.

At this point, the woman has made me an emotional mess. I am trying to hold back my tears as I give my vows.

"Mackenzie, the first moment I saw you, I knew that you would turn my life upside down. You are my best friend, the love of my life, the keeper of my heart. There is no one on this earth who was made more perfectly for me than you. I love absolutely everything about you, and am honored to stand by your side and be your husband."

I place the ring on macs hand and we are now officially husband and wife. It feels so amazing to say that!!

*****

Our first dance was amazing and we were having the time of our lives at this wedding.

Sophie and her weird boyfriend had told us that they were leaving for Paris tonight after the wedding. We knew they were moving and getting married, just not this quickly. We agreed that we should go see them in Paris soon and wished them good luck as they left for the airport.

My parents absolutely adore Mac, which is so great that they love her almost as much as I do. And Rachel obviously loves the fact that Mac is technically her sister now and has been dancing with her a lot tonight. She does such a great job with Rachel, I can't wait to see how great of a mother she will be someday.

"Excuse me, I hope your wife won't mind if I asked you to dance with me?" Someone said behind me as I was talking to Kyle at one of the tables.

I turned to see to see my gorgeous wife in front of me and holding out her arms.

"Of course! How could I resist?"

She wrapped her arms around my neck as I placed my hands on her waist. We slowly swayed to the song playing in the background and I was so happy.

"Looks like you're mine city girl."

"Looks like it! Who knew it was so easy to love a country boy."

THE END!
Wow, I can't believe it's over! This has been such a fun story to write! I really appreciate everyone who read this all e way through and I hope you enjoyed it! I do have plans for a sequel (surprise!!) so I'll keep y'all posted on the details with that.

Thank you for reading!!!!

Cheers,
Maddie 💕