XVIII- Grave

"The doors and windows are all locked. Don't try to escape, it will be a waste of time."

Ben had left Brooke alone with Alec and he was currently hunting through the cupboards in the kitchen, searching for something to eat.

"This will be fine for you if you just do as you're told."

"I've never been good at that," Brooke said.

"Then your friend will suffer," Alec said stiffly.

Brooke gulped. "Why her? She's got nothing to do with this. She innocent!"

Alec slammed the cupboard shut and turned round, glaring at Brooke. "I know, now shut the hell up."

"Why are you working for Rogue? Can you not see what sort of person he is!"

"I know exactly what sort of person he is," Alec snapped. "And I said to shut up."

"Can you really live with yourself if you hurt an innocent girl?" Brooke asked, her voice was quiet.

"No," Alec said. "I can't."

"Then why help Rogue?"

"Do you have a choice?" Alec demanded, his eyes were wide and he was glaring at Brooke. "Do you have a choice in all this?"

"You kidnapped me, so I think you know the answer," Brooke said.

"Then what makes you think I do?" Alec growled. "Get up. Now."

"What?" Brooke frowned. "What do you-"

"Up," Alec demanded and grabbed Brooke's arm.

"He's got something over you," Brooke said as Alec yanked her up. "He's using Alice to get to us, but what's he using to get to you?"

"Shut up, or I'll gag you," Alec said and shoved Brooke towards the door.

"You can help us fight him-"

"Oh really? Of course I'll come and help you when you seem to be doing so well," Alec said sarcastically. "Rogue's going to win, especially with Ben working with him. I've accepted that."

"You've accepted fear."

"You should too if you want to save your friend," Alec muttered and pushed Brooke towards the stairs. "First door on the right. And I've already warned you about trying to escape."

Brooke sighed and made her way upstairs. She walked into the first room on the right. The thought of escaping was high, but she knew Alice would get hurt if she tried anything.

The room was pretty bare. There was a bed pushed up against the wall and a wooden wardrobe and desk on the other side of the room. Brooke opened a door off to the right and it revealed a bathroom. Brooke walked over to the bed and sat down, hugging one of the pillows close to her. She looked at the window and swallowed, she could see a padlock trapping her in.

Tears started to form as she thought of Alice. She prayed that Sasha had made it home okay. She hoped that Harry wasn't going to do anything stupid. She wanted to see him. Every inch of her wanted him beside her, but she knew both Harry and her had to stay away from each other, for Alice's sake.

But then Harry didn't care about Alice.

And he loved Brooke.

*

When Brooke woke the next morning there was a suitcase by the door. When she opened it she saw it was full of her clothes, and there was a note inside.

Stay strong, babe, I'll get you back.

Tingles filled Brooke just at the sight of his writing. "Harry," she whispered. She dug deep in her mind. She could feel him, she could sense his worry, his anger, but there was a barrier up, stopping her from accessing him completely. Stopping her from talking to him.