|6|

I sat in the chair beside the bed Casey was forced to lay on.

I held her hand tightly, rubbing her knuckles to relax her, because I knew she hated being in any vulnerable situation, and in my eyes, having her stomach exposed to the entire room while two men discussed her period- that was pretty vulnerable.

I watched Calum and Ashton's reactions to the screen as Ashton moved a little remote across her lower stomach.

Calum and Ashton shared mumbles, nothing I could exactly understand.

Soon Ashton carefully put it directly over the spot she was most sensitive and Calum and Ashton immediately looked to each other, Casey's hand squeezing mine tighter.

"Well pretty girl, we know what's causing your pain" Ashton sighed, moving the remote off of her stomach before gently managing to wipe the gel off of her stomach, helping her sit up.

"You have about three cysts on your ovaries which are pretty irritated, and are probably going to bust" he spoke slowly.

"Which means that we will be bringing home some pretty damn strong medicines to keep you from wanting to die of pain, because the busting process is not fun, at all" he told her, Calum throwing his arm around her, starting to walk with her while watching her face.

As Calum and Casey walked ahead talking, Ashton pulled me close to him.

"Between you and I" he spoke slowly

"Those cysts are very likely to bust tonight, you will most likely have the bed to yourself because it'll probably be easier to make sure she's okay if she's with either Calum or I"

I nodded, feeling a little bad that I was so excited to sleep by myself- but in my defense I haven't been able to sleep alone in almost three weeks.

When we got home, I stayed in our room as she showered in our bathroom.

She came out puffy eyed and red, which told me that she was in more pain than she was voicing.

I pulled her into a hug, feeling her head bury itself into my shoulder.

I made her lay with me, us both pretty much still hugging

I facetimed mom, immediately seeing her face pop onto my screen.

"Hi girls! I just got off the phone with Calum, how's my babies?"

"We're-" I paused, looking to Casey, who looked to be on the verge of tears again.

"Not great" I admitted.

"Cal told me, how's she feeling?" Mom asked quietly, her eyes on Casey through the screen.

"The tears in her eyes tell me not great" I spoke, making her quickly blink the tears away.

We continued talking to my mom about her trip, Casey laying with me- completely miserable.

"Hey girls" Calum spoke as he entered, his hair wet from his shower.

"Hi" I responded, flashing my phone to him to show him we were talking to my mom

"My three favorite girls" he smiled, entering the room and sitting beside Casey, gently rubbing her back due to her being on her side.

"You okay?" He asked her quietly, making her nod her head slowly.

"Well I'm going to let you guys go, keep my girls healthy please Cal" she smiled.

"trying my best" Calum responded, making my mom smile

"I love you guys, sleep good" she smiledC getting quick responses before I hung up.

"Come on pretty girl, let's get you some good medicine that'll knock you out and I want you to sleep with me, just in case something happens, I can get to you quick" he explained, and she immediately nodded.

He held her hand as we walked through the halls

One thing that always made me laugh was how cute Casey got when she was sick or in pain.
She always wants to be held, she always wants to be touching someone, she likes so much attention and its honestly the cutest thing in the world.

Calum carefully helped her onto the counter, looking to Ashton as he prepared a needle.

"Okay pretty girl" Calum spoke, flicking the liquid in the syringe.

"Hug Ashton for me, and don't tense or jerk away, okay?" He spoke, gently grabbing her arm.

I watched as he wiped the crook of her arm, gently injecting the needle, pushing the liquid through before pulling it out, putting a small bandaid over the spot.

After a few minutes of just making sure she didn't get or feel sick, Calum clapped
"Time for bed.

The four of us shared hugs, before wishing each other a good night, everyone pretty much heading into different directions

Right before I fell asleep

I just prayed that they would have a good night and that my little sister wouldn't be miserable the entire time."