Ch 31 The War

__________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER 31

Christina's POV

"Cole, don't do this." I ordered, backing away from him. 

He sighed and looked up at me, "I'm sorry Christina." 

15 minutes later- full of screaming, struggling, and a few tears....

Cole cast me one last sorrowful glance as he shut the door, leaving me alone in our room. Although I knew it was useless, I let out a frustrated scream and pulled my arm with all my strength. 

He handcuffed me to the bed. 

I know right!

I mean honestly, I get it. He wants to protect me and shit, but I am the freaking ALPHA FEMALE. Doesn't that mean anything?!

After wasting a couple more minutes pulling at the handcuff, I collapsed back onto the bed, mumbling curse words under my breath. 

Then came the prayers. 

I kneeled as best I could and began praying for everyone. The worry and fear that filled me made me sick. If anything were to happen to someone... To Cole....

Don't think like that, Christina! I scolded myself as I began folding and unfolding my hands. The nerves were really getting to me. If only there was someone here to tell me what's going on. 

After Ian told us that they were coming, Cole decided that instead of attacking them head on, we would wait. That way they would have less energy when they attacked. Although Cole decided to keep me locked away, I was able to hear most of the planning and positioning. Graham took most of his pack to either sides of the path Damon would be using to attack. First, the Shadow pack would wait for them by the gate, where Graham's pack will move in, surrounding the rogues. 

Just thinking about it made my heart pound. It wasn't helping that it was completely silent outside. 

And the silence was deafening. 

Maybe I could just sleep through it..... 

Wow Christina. And the award for Friend/Mate of the Year goes to.... Christina Fellows! The girl who slept through the deaths of her friends. 

I flinched at the thought. Losing my friends.... Christina! Stop thinking about it! 

Great. I'm talking to myself. 

30 minutes later

Nothing. 

Absolute silence. 

1 hour later

Okay... this is a little creepy. Literally everything is silent. For all I know, everyone could be dead, silently killed by some other supernatural animal.

I snuggled under the cover and took a couple deep breaths. Everything is going to be okay. Just calm down and maybe try to fall asleep- it's not like you can go anywhere, I thought to myself as I pulled at the chain helplessly. 

Just as I was slowly closing my eyes, a howl tore through the silence of the night. I held my breath and waited- silence. Maybe it was just a- 

Ferocious growls and howls filled the night. 

The war had just begun. 

_______________________________________________________________________

Author's note:

So I was thinking about just ending it there, but after thinking it over, I realized you guys deserve so much for sticking with me even when I didn't upload in nearly a month. So... ENJOY! :)