The Meeting

"Look sharp, Andy! You know the legend of Sir Garrick and Cerris?"

Andrew looks up from where he sits on horseback talking to one of the squires. The stunt lead stood on the stage with a line of girls of a similar slim build and short stature.
"Faire wants to run with my name?" he asks.

"These are the best of the stunt riders we auditioned for her role," the lead says. "We want you to ride with each one to see who you move well with.

"Got it Mikey," Andrew says, riding over to the line of girls.

Two girls in and Andrew's getting comfortable with a second rider at his back. The third rider jumps on from the stage, a hand touching briefly on his shoulder to stabalize herself as he guides the horse in a trot around the joust field. She's the most stable standing and then she crouches down and slots against his back perfectly.

"So what's your name?" Andrew asks, as he asked the others.

"El," she answers.

"And your qualifications?"

"I'm the only one out of this lot who can shoot traditional and visual," El answers. "Don't think they'll actually run with Cerris' shooting skills except int arget exhibition, but it got me through after I fell off the balance beam."

"They're not..." Andrew starts to say.

"I dont know if they are, but they seem to watn to try," El says.

"Well let's give them a show, can you do a handstand while I ride?"

He doesn't hear a response, but her weight shifts and he can tell the exact moment she goes to do exactly what he suggests. And then to his surprise, he feels her legs settle around his houlders. He tenses against her legs. Then her weight shiftsw onto his shoulders as she uses her core to bring herself to a sitting position.

"How's that?" she calls down to him.

"Think you can shoot from there, Cerris?"

She takes a shooting form then says, "Once I get a feel for how you move, I could definitely hit targets."

As they ride back to the platform, he feels El's hands settle on his shoulders and braces as she swings her legs out and crouches on the back again. Once they're close enough to the platform, she flips off the horse and lands on her feet on the platform.

Andrew goes through the motions with the other four girls. Once the last one dismounts, Mikey shuffles the girls off for the faire's security to escort them off the property.