Chapter 2: Detective Rose

Sitting outside on the bright green grass with Shawn and Clarissa, eating our packed lunches. While they were talking, I had nothing to say but think. It felt like there was complete silence around as I was deep in my thoughts and could hear my voice speaking in my head. About what? A boy liking me. Who? I have no idea who it is. Or is it a prank? Is this person going to try to make a mockery of myself? Because if they are going to prank me, then I'll prank them so hard they won't even know what hit them.

"Earth to Rosetta." Shawn waves his palm in front of my face, snapping me out of my zone.

Oh my friends, I still remember how met, really simple, that's for sure. So Clarissa and I met in school obviously, 3 years ago in 8th grade. Shawn met us last year. He moved from Scotland. Whenever he talks he may sound a little weird, but you can get used to it when you're around him often. Clarissa moved here to Paris from Lyon, France. She dreams of being a model, she has an amazing self-image, but sometimes she wishes someone else would love her inner and outer beauty. Yep, she so wants to fall in love with someone, but I always tell her she's better off with out a man. I know she would search the entire world for the perfect man. Whenever I tell her that in front of Shawn, he would start to act sulky or a bit moody.

Weird.

"What're you thinking about, Rosie Posie?" Clarissa teased while shoving a croissant in her mouth.

"Nothing.....well something." I replied while smiling smugly.

"Is it that piece of paper I gave you in science class? Cause I'm a bit confused about that." Shawn guessed.

"Wait, what piece of paper?" Clarissa asked curiously.

"A love note." I sigh while rolling my eyes, finding no interest in this topic. Somehow I don't really have time for boys because boys here in this school are players. I just would like a guy who would be there for me to support me through the rest of my life, but that's just nonsense.

"So do you have any idea who it is?" Clarissa asks, sipping on her coke can.

"Come to think of it, Shawn do you who gave that paper?" I try to figure out this mystery.

Shawn strokes his chin. "Hmm, oh I think Tessa passed it to me."

Maybe it was a person from the right end of the first row of tables in classroom. There must be a boy on the right. Doing the same as Shawn, stroking my chin.

"This mysterious boy in this mystery is going to be solved by.....Detective Rose!" I state with a funny serious face. Clarissa and Shawn start laughing hysterically.

The bell rang. We went inside the hallway, where it separated us from each other to go to our different classes. That means I'm stuck in Physics. Mr Bublé was teaching that class, I am telling you that man hates like hell. Even if I did my homework, he would give me detention. He says my cursive writing is "revolting". Unbelievable!

I walk into classroom then immediately plopped myself onto my seat at the back where I can't be seen. Trying my best to focus in this crappy class, I can't stop thinking about whoever this person is, but I don't know how it's making me happy. I sigh in happiness so loudly that I didn't know the whole class heard, especially Mr Bublé. He glared at me, began to stomp his way to my desk. Was he gonna give me detention or spank me? Just to say,they still do spanking with ruler, not a stick anymore, cause the new principal stopped it cause "it's abuse with a stick". That is just so dumb, but I accept it anyways. He slams a detention note on top of my desk.

"I hope you're happy, Miss Dovetail. Hopefully you'll be happier in detention." He sarcastically states.

I give him sarcastic chuckle. I look down at the detention note, now knowing I can't hangout with Shawn and Clarissa at café after school. As the lesson goes on, finally working and listening to Mr Bublé, another piece of paper was placed on top of my book.

I know you're trying to spot me out of the crowd
You'll soon see me
Not yet
Not now

I look on my left at Annabeth, who passed me the paper, she was also confused about this too. I wonder who the heck has a crush on me. So the only way to figure out this love mystery was to ask her.

"Psst...psst!" I try to capture her attention, but I just noticed that her long brunette hair is covering her earphones. I just had to give up on this right now and get over it.

(3 hours later)

The bell rang for the end of last period of the day at 14:30. At last, but I have to go straight to detention, so I'm not really looking forward to that.

I led myself to the door of punishments and extra working hours, the detention room. Lots of horror and torture, hey that rhymes. I heard last year, Louis Welver, had to write a thousand words essay in 30 minutes. Impossible to do. His fingers cramped, his eyes swelling I don't know how, but he couldn't stand the pressure of this horrible punishment. Instead he carried on and went through the pain. He made out of detention alive, except for his fingers on right hand were swollen and bruised and bent a bit skew. He had to see a professional doctor about that hand. He had to go to surgery, his hand got better, but at least he left us this story to tell to people. Where is he now? In Canada. Yep, thenhome of maple syrup. His father sued the school for such a crucial punishment. Yet I agree for what his did, he did the right thing, So now the teachers can't do it to us now.

Sat in an empty seat in the front row, even though nobody hasn't arrived yet. I felt like sneaking out, but unfortunately Miss Kliff walked in. That means there's no escape now. Only an hour to be in here, no problem, I guess. More students entered and handed in their detention slips in. Everyone start to settle down in their seats. Really not surprised that Clarissa came, she usually gets into trouble, but we were in separate seats so can't communicate to her even with technology. Doing my homework due for Monday morning, but unfortunately another paper appears. I roll my eyes and grin to myself. I read the note in my palms under the table, from revealing to the teacher's eyeballs.

Detention, am I right?
You don't know where I am
In your eyes, I am out of sight

This secret admirer really is poetic. I continue doing my homework to keep myself occupied. I got bored very quickly, the urge, the anticipation, I glance at the analogue clock, waiting for the minute hand strike to the 6 for 15:30.

I watch the second carefully waiting for that to ring any moment.

Here it comes.

5

4

3

2

1

I really want to continue, but there is some technical difficulties with my keyboard. It doesn't want to un-bold my font, so I'm thinking of starting a new chapter.

Press the Star to make my day.