Wife

I felt something small pounding into my chin. I pushed it off but a few minutes later it found its way back onto my face.

I opened my eyes and see a foot on my chest. I sit up a bit and Kenny is sprawled all over the bed with half of his body on me.

I was going to sleep on the couch but Kenny wanted me to sleep with him because he said he was scared.

I check my phone to see what time it is and it's six in the morning.

I push Kenny over a bit and get out of bed. After getting dressed in gray sweats and a white t I went downstairs to get some work done. I haven't been to work in a week and I'm pretty far behind on meeting and events.

"Do you love mommy?"

I looked up from my computer and saw Kenny standing there in the huge t-shirt I gave him.

"What?"

"Do you love mommy?"

"Sit down" I said and patted the couch next to me. He walked over and climbed on the couch.

"Why do you ask?" I looked at him.

"I had a dream that you loved her"

"What kind of dream?"

"I don't know, you were with mommy" he shrugged.

"I love your mother very much"

"Why?" He looked at me with big eyes.

I frowned and thought for a second. "She's nice to me, and she's beautiful"

"How do you know her?" He asked. I got quiet trying to think of what to say. "Did you... meet her at a party?"

"No" I laughed.

"Did you... Hmm" he put his hand on his chin, thinking. "Meet at the gym?"

"No not at the gym, we just saw each other in the store and became friends"

"Oh" he hummed. "Is she going to come home?"

"I hope so"

"Can we go see her now?"

"After breakfast, okay?"

He shook his head. "We gotta go now, then breakfast" he jumped off the couch and ran into the bedroom.

-

"Mommy!" He squealed as he ran to Valentina. She was still sleeping but he dragged a chair to her bed and climbed on top of it to see her better.

"She was up earlier" the same doctor said from yesterday. I looked at his name tag and it said Sam.

"Really?" I looked at him.

"Yea, she woke up at six this morning"

"That's good though right?"

"She was up for about two hours then fell asleep again. It took all of her energy and she kept throwing up, she needs a whole lot of rest"