Chapter One

Diagon Alley

August, 1971

12 Grimmauld Place

"Hermione, wake up!" She kept her eyes closed, while she felt her arm being shaked repeatedly. She groaned and just burrowed underneath her covers, to get away from the uninvited guest in her bedroom. "Come on mione, today we go to Diagon alley." She opened up her eyes to stare at grey ones that mirrored her own, on the face of her twin brother Sirius. "You know, it's not like this isn't the first time we've been to Diagon Alley, Siri." She told him, a smirk forming on her lips at his excitement.

"Yeah, but pretty soon we're going to be at Hogwarts." He gave her a lop-sided grin that only fueled her own excitement, "Besides, we get away from Walburga. That's got to be worth at least a smile from you." "That may be true, but I know you Siri. You just want me to get up so that we can go to Quality Quidditch Supplies, and buy out the shop." He raised a brow at her. "Are you serious?" She shook her head at him. "No I thought that was you." She smiled when he frowned at her for that. "Oh come on Sirius, you really don't think I know my own brother that well when he wants something? Your lucky I like Quidditch too."

He threw his hands up in surrender. "Oh fine, yes when we go to Diagon Alley, the first place I am going to do is look at Quidditch supplies. I can't help it. I love Quidditch." He gave her his best puppy dog eyes. She hadn't seen that look in a while. "So will you please get up? I really want to go. If you do, I'll buy you a few books." Bribery. That she could live with. She sat up in bed, and her wild black curls was all over the place. She yawned and wiped the sleep out of her eyes, and just smiled indulgently at her over excited brother.

Sirius could always make a smile appear on his sister's face, just by being himself. The same for Hermione. The twins would always consider each other as their best friends. "Well if you want me to go with you, then you have to let me get dressed Siri." "Oh right. See you in a few minutes." Then she watched as he raced to the door, threw it open, and closed it right behind him. She could hear him talking to someone in the hallway. And from how young the other voice sounded, it must have been their little brother Regulus.

Hermione got out of her bed, and slowly walked over to her closet. Her bedroom was in the colors of silver and green. Slytherin colors. Hermione didn't like that her bedroom reflected her parents feelings about what house their children would be in. Hermione felt like she was being boxed in, and was only supposed to live life in one way. They way Orion and Walburga Black wanted her to live in. They treated Sirius the same way. She guessed that was why Sirius acted the way he did. He wanted to break the mold of the perfect pureblood. The perfect Slytherin.

She pulled out a gray tunic and black knee length skirt, with black boots, and changed into them rather quickly. She walked into her bathroom, and brushed her teeth, and combed her hair, so that her waist length curls were more manageable. She left her bedroom, and ran into Sirius. She smiled when she saw what he was wearing. Black worn out jeans, and a pink Floyd t-shirt. "You know Walburga is going to freak out when she sees what your wearing." Sirius put an arm around his sister's shoulders, and lead them downstairs. "I know. isn't it great?" "You act like you have a death wish or something." Once they were standing in the foyer, Walburga Black, a proud and stringent woman, came walking in, her youngest Regulus at her heels, clinging onto her dress. Her blonde hair was pulled back into a bun, and her pointed nose looked down at what her oldest son was wearing.

"What do you think your doing wearing that muggle filth Sirius Orion Black? I will not have my heir wearing filthy mudblood clothes. Go upstairs and change into something befitting of the Black heir." Sirius was about to argue, when his sister elbowed him softly in the ribs to get him to just go with it. He raised a brow at her, and she just nodded her head upstairs. Sirius got the message. Hermione just wanted things to be peaceful, for at least a while. With a forced smile, Sirius went back upstairs, ignoring his mother's suggestions. Walburga just shook her head, and looked at her only daughter with a forced smile on her face.