eliezer's ange

Cassiopeia was at an utter loss as she walked down the boardwalk of St. George Island. The tears streaking down her face seemed to be endless as she pondered over her thoughts. She was miserable, genuinely fearing for herself; she had no idea what she'd do now. Receiving news that the coffee shoppe would be closing was ruining her, ripping her apart second by second.

I'd have to give up my dainty loft and take off a semester or two, the thought came across her mind painfully. The coffee shoppe had given her an ideal life being that it was a high class eatery - she was able to pay for her apartment along with her classes. And not to mention, her income was more than enough to support her family who had constantly hit rock bottom within the past year from paying excessive medical bills.

But now it was being stripped from her, much like any ounce of happiness she had felt just hours ago; merely because the shoppe was not only the source of Cassiopeia's income, but her happiness as well. Carousels and Dinges, the said coffeehouse, was the foundation of Cassiopeia's university days.

She could vividly recall the day two years ago she exchanged tearful goodbyes with her mama, papa, and brother as she got ready to leave them. From Fort Lauderdale to Florida State in Tallahassee, the seven hour drive was not enough to stop Cassiopeia's tears. She had left her family, her home, the remnants of what Ansel and her once were. She was leaving behind the life she once knew, entering another and becoming a diffident version of herself. Cassiopeia had been lonely alone, on her own, thrown into a world of harsh realities, a world where dreams ceased to exist. She was dared to start anew.

And start anew is what she did.

Thus the beginning of Cassiopeia and Carousels and Dinges.

In a tired haze and desperate need of freshly brewed tea - her symptoms of driving for hours on end - Cassiopeia pulled into the very first café her eyes fell upon in the foreign city of Tallahassee.

"I need an orange chamomile tea," she murmured, sighing tiredly as she situated herself on a barstool against the counter. Upon entering the café, Cassiopeia was amazed and entranced and once seated, she took it upon herself to glance around, ultimately falling in love with the vintage-themed shoppe.

The memory collapsed in her head before she could continue reminiscing and like the waves roughly crashing against the shore, Cassiopeia was raucously brought back to her current reality. As she wandered around, she continued musing over her choices. She couldn't even call her best friend for as soon as she'd tell him, he'd drop everything and fly back home to help her. And she couldn't do that to him, she just couldn't.

§

Eliezer's eyes acted on their own accord, snapping up to her figure as she wandered down the street. It didn't come as much of a surprise to him that he caught sight of her across the street as soon as he stepped out of the book shoppe - how could he miss her? She was the epitome of perfection - beautiful, breathtaking, divine - he'd never miss his beauty, his love. The love of his life.

And so, one could only imagine just how bloody livid Eliezer was when he saw the tears streaming down her face and her shoulder shaking. Instinctively, he went after her, needing to know what was wrong. And if that pretty boy fucker was the reason for her tears, Eliezer would gladly break his face.

He sprinted across the busy street, not giving a single fuck about the cars cruising along.

"I'm s-so sorry," Cassiopeia stuttered when Eliezer walked right into her, making her think she walked into him. He found her stutter terribly cute and her voice undeniably alluring.

"Don't apologise, love," came his rough English accent as his arms went around her waist, catching her from falling.

"What's wrong, beautiful?"

"N-nothing," she stuttered softly and grasped his shoulders to steady herself.

"Cassiopeia," her name rolled off his tongue smoothly, almost making her weak in the knees, "come on, get in," he nodded to his car along the sidewalk where they were standing.

"No, it's okay," she shook her head

"Cassiopeia, get in," he demanded through gritted teeth and immediately regretted it. Fuck, he swore in his head as she was visibly shaking, terrified getting into his sleek black Audi.

"Please tell me what's wrong," Eliezer prodded gently once he was settled in the driver's seat.

She was silent for a moment before a body wracking sob ripped through her, "I-I don't know, th-the coffee shoppe, i-it's closing, my family, th-they're barely making it and I-I was, urgh!" She screamed in frustration. It was also questionable rather to Cassiopeia how she easily tell the man before her of her problems but couldn't tell her own best friend.

"Well now you're my p.a," he said out of nowhere, laying his hand on her bare thigh. Cassiopeia's eyes flickered down to his large, calloused hand, wanting to feel more.

"What?" She stared at him wide eyed - there was not a drop of pity in his irises, only desperation.

"You're my personal assistant now. I've been needing one forever and as of late, my colleagues have been on my arse because I'm a bloody mess and I'm bloody unorganised," he sighed tiredly.

"I-I don't know," she stutters once again, "I don't even know who you are, Eliezer."

He chuckled deeply, "Love, I've been drinking your coffee for days on end, and you don't know me?" She shook her head, at an absolute loss.

"I'm Eliezer Garrett Badeaux," he stated in nonchalance and Cassiopeia gasped.

"I-I can't be your personal assistant," she fought back stubbornly.

"Why not," he shot back rudely.

"I just can't," she answered softly, sounding tired herself.

"Cassiopeia, think about it this way; if you don't take up my proposal, I will make sure you get no other job in this city," he threatened. Eliezer simply didn't care at this point, his want and desire to have to her was far too strong.

"Hell with you!" She yelled angrily and buried her head in her hands.

"Oh, that can be arranged, chérie," he replied darkly.

———

ange - french for angel

a synopsis, yes?

[ a | n ] this story will be told through the years of cassiopeia, alternating and changing in different chapters. her age will be told at the start at each chapter and her story is written in the past tense.
this story will be character driven, instead of plot driven, so the development of this story is solely focused through the development of cassiopeia's character and eliezer's character. so yes, there'll be scenes that spill into two, three, even four chapters. just purely depending on how our main leads develop. and remember, this is their story, not mine, so i don't get to decide how they grow, they do. i simply write <3

𝐄𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐳𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें