Chapter 15

Turns out the spending cap on the card was far more than I thought it would be. We swiped for food and then went shopping and each of us had three big bags of stuff from our spree. I got the kids in the car and went to walk to the driver's seat when someone caught my hand. I turned swiftly, taking my hand away from the stranger.
"Excuse me." I said.
"I'm sorry, it's just, are you Alpha Mason's Luna?" The guy asked.
"Soon-to-be." I answered.
I saw other men watching our interaction and the hairs on the back of my neck raised. This parking lot was behind a diner that was meant for breakfast and we were eating there at lunch time. No one was around and the parking lot was tucked away behind the building placed outside of town. The man in front of me smiled a crooked smile that made my stomach twist.
"I'm afraid we're going to have to take you with us then." He sneered and went to grab my arm.
I grabbed his arm and twisted until I heard a pop and tried to get in the car. Another grabbed me around the waist as I was about to jump in.
    "Mommy!" Aaron screamed.
    I grinded my teeth and punched the bald man a few times before he got me on the ground and I kicked him in the stomach. He flew off me. Another was a few feet away and I shut the driver side door with my foot.
    "Iris, lock the doors!" I screamed at her.
    She did as I said and I was tackled to the ground. My arms were pinned against me and I felt myself shaking. Hairs started to sprout from my arms at unnatural lengths. I growled but the transformation was stopped when I felt a needle in my leg. I lost my breath for a moment and my strength dwindled away.
    I heard growling and through my blurry vision I saw two smaller wolves growling, snarling, and fighting the men.
    "No... no... Get back in the-" I felt a blow to my head and I saw black.

    I woke up in pain and weak. The memories from earlier came back and I looked around for Iris and Aaron. I only saw Iris and I woke her by stretching to reach her with my foot. I nudged her a few times and she woke up with a start. Her chains clanking when she pulled on them.
"Hey hey easy, it's just me. Calm down." I soothed her.
She relaxed noticeably but still looked on guard. She needed to be, we both did.
"Where is Aaron?" I asked her slowly.
She seemed to still be in a daze and she shook her head slowly, her eyes drooping again.
"No, Iris. Please wake up, I need you to tell me where your brother is." I demanded, panicked.
"Got away..." She whispered weakly.
I let out a huge breath and rested my head on the cold wall. At least Aaron got away. He would find his way home. I taught him to track and to find places and things that he had never even seen before. He had the experience of a teenage wolf instead of a young wolf.
I looked back at Iris to see she was out cold again. I heard the sound of a heavy metal door opening and nudged Iris hard with my foot. She jolted once again and looked around. The dull bulb swinging above our heads for me to see and make sure she wasn't injured.
"Hello, ladies." A middle aged man with tattoos and a tan said happily.
I snarled. The silver in the chains holding me making me weak but I wanted him to know I wanted to rip his ass to shreds.
He smirked and kneeled in front of me. I scowled at him and he took a loose strand of my hair and twisted it around his finger. He pulled so hard that the small clump came out of my head. I hissed in pain and narrowed my eyes at him. A thin stream of blood came down from the spot that the hair was and dropped onto the floor.
"What do you want?" I demanded.
He smiled and stood back up again. He put two trays down in front of us. Far enough away that we had to struggle to get to them.
"Don't touch her!" I yelled at him as he inspected Iris who was only half conscious.
He tisked at me and shook his head. He wagged his finger back and forth and starting messing with a dial next to me. I snarled at him once again. A bolt of electricity went through me from my wrists and up through the rest of my body. I jumped and groaned.
"It will get worse if you continue your antics." He snarled, holding my face to look at him.
He took a long look at Iris before leaving the room, slamming the door behind him. Iris jumped but still looked to be in her drugged state. I shook my head with a sigh. Please hurry, Aaron.