First Love

Part XIII- First Love.

-

love

the only element

that binds us in,

this horrid world.

it gives us more

than false hopes

and ends up breaking us.

it plays a foul game,

and strikes when

you're not aware.

this is one clever

species of an alien-kind,

and be careful.

for it will steal

all your senses

with you unaware.

-

She sits there, looking at her old pictures and frames, trying to ignore the tingling pain in her necklace, connecting her chest.

She tries to forget, then tries to remember it all again. She knew the only way to move on fully, was to remember and forget.

Kathrina was only fifteen and a beauty queen. While at his right age, Spade Gale was only a transfer student who instantly fit in.

When she met him, she saw how he played with his pen. She saw how he holds them delicately, afraid of what's going to happen if he doesn't.

And when she met his eyes, the lightning struck inside her. Snapping veins, uneasy breathing, heart beat going up, stomach churning. The instant cliché pack it ever was.

She thought being cliché was foolish, but suddenly when she sees him, she felt like she was one element of cliché

When she met him, she wanted to be cliché, and that was all that started it.

Every day she looked forward going to school, miraculously surviving at the end of the night. She wanted to see his face, so she tried her best on her studies and on stalking his profile.

By the middle of the second semester, she realized that this boy, Spade Gale, had almost taken a liken to her. That she thought.

One night, they chatted on Facebook, with awkward hello's and hi's, and with intense words afterwards.

"So, you like me?" He asked, ever so suddenly after a topic about school and how he was doing.

"I guess you could say that." She typed, nervous to be rejected or embarassed. Yet she sent it to him anyway.

"Great, I like you too, y'know?" He replied quickly, no hesitation found in that trace.

"Oh.. Haha." She replied, breathing in.

"So.. I gotta go, me and my family have to get someone at the air port. Chat you later?" He said.

"Yeah, See you." She responded, quite sad she has to end the short chat with unclear feelings and response.

"Wait, 143." He said.

"What's that?" She replied.

"It means 'I love you', Kathrina." And he went offline.

She was ever so estatic and excited to go to school and see him the next day, with a smile she knew she wasn't rejected.

Or so she thought, again.