☆ Part 2 ☆

Simon woke up peacefully in his queen-sized bed to the sound of his families housekeeper knocking softly on his door. 

"Mr. Hills, it's time for you to get ready for school." 

Simon stretched as he let out a yawn, before getting himself out of bed. 

"Okay, thank you, Martha."

Simon heard the light sound of Martha's feet hitting the floor as she walked away to finish doing her other chores. Simon looked up to and highly respected Martha, as she was and still is the main motherly figure in his life. Simon's birth mom died because of cancer when he was only six years old so his memory of her is very faint, he remembers that she was a good woman though.

Simon quickly got dressed into his expansive clothes and made sure he added his favourite accessory, his very expansive one of a kind watch that his father gave him as an apology for missing his birthday because of a town meeting. 

He then proceeded to spend half an hour on his hair, because it's his favourite aspect of himself, and he knows it makes the people at his school pay more attention to him. There was a downside to this though, spending so much time on his hair had the entire school label him a fuck boy, he's not sure how this stereotype came to be but it's now a part of his life so he likes to play the part. 

When Simon was finished getting ready he exited his room and started to make his way downstairs. As he walked into the kitchen he was greeted with the smell of freshly made pancakes that Martha placed at the table for him.  

"Thank you, Martha." He smiled at the older women with appreciation. 

It didn't take Simon long to eat his pancakes as they were his favourite. When He was finished eating them he looked down at his watch and decided that he should leave now and start to make his way to school. 

He walked through the adjoining door that connected his front room and his garage and made his way over to his sports car, he had a motorcycle too but on days' where the ground was covered in a thick sheet of ice, hidden under snow he decided it was better to use his car. 

As he was driving to school he saw Rowan walking on the sidewalk with his old torn backpack and faded clothes. Simon scoffed to himself as he slowed down and watched the other boy trudge up the sidewalk. 'Some people just go way too far for the grunge aesthetic.' He thought to himself 'his clothes and his bag make it look like he's homeless.' Simon chuckled to himself. He shook his head before he continued on speeding past the boy. 

When he arrived at school Simon was quickly met by his best friend Brendon who walked into the parking lot just as Simon had begun to park his car. Simon and Brendon had been friends since they were eight years old when Brendon had stuck up for Simon when he was being harassed by racist kids at such a young age. Simon used to be teased for the colour of his skin when he was younger, but as he grew older the children that he grew up with seemed to develop an understanding of equal rights and understood their previous wrong-doings. 

Simon was popular now, he was rich and the Mayors' son and now that they were older these facts were well known by the students at River Valley High School, and he was treated with respect and looked up upon, by most people that is. There were still a few people who had made it clear that they didn't like Simone by showing obvious discomfort around him based on the same reasons he was teased for when he was eight. Simon is black, and some people are racist. It's sad really, that people would let something such as someone's skin colour represent their worth and value. 

"Hey man." Brendon smiled as he walked over to Simon who was just getting out of his car. 

"Hey." Simon simply replied as he was a little distracted, almost all his grades were exactly where he wanted them to be for the football scouts. His average was a mid eighty (In the scale system where I live that is an 'A') but he wanted it to be a little higher, he wanted to be the best of the best when the scouts show up at their end of the year football game. All he needed to do was raise his math grade, just a little and he would be able to have an average in the low nineties, and that's what he wanted. He decided that he would probably just need to study a little more. 

"Are you ready to fail miserably on our health project?" Brendon asked raising his eyebrows slightly wondering where his friends' attention had wandered off to. 

"What health project?" Simon asked worriedly, he didn't remember having an assignment due today, this could not be happening. He can't allow his grades to drop. 

"We haven't started it yet dumbass, we start it tomorrow but Miss James is going over the expectations for it today. You need to stop stressing about the school your grades are amazing." Brendon reassured his friend. "Anyways, as I was saying, do you still want to work with me on that project for health class?" 

"Of course, and we're not going to fail." Simon let out a light chuckle as he looked from his friend of nine years over to the boy wearing old worn and baggy clothes walking through the entrance gate to the school property. 

"Hey grunge boy, how is your emo soul today? If its anything like your attire today it must be pretty bad, you look like you dug your clothes out of the trash."

Simon was a good person, for the most part. He cares for the people around him, but make no mistake. Simon is human and humans make mistakes. Simon doesn't bully all the geeky kids shoving them into lockers and stealing their lunch money, but he does bully him. He bullies Rowan and he's not sure why there's just always been something about him that drives Simon crazy and he craves the other boys' attention. His comment is harsh and rude, but he doesn't know quite the impact it leaves with the broken boy because as far as Simone know Rowan just dresses like that to try and be a tumblr aesthetic, he doesn't know that these clothes are three years old and have been through hell and back along with the boy that wears them. 

Simon watches as the blondes feathery hair slides down to cover his green orbs as he looks at the ground trying to avoid his tormentor's words and in an attempt to get away he quickens his pace. 

At the last second without thinking Simon reaches out and grabs Rowan by the collar of his shirt pulling him closer to him. 

"Where are you going grunge, boy? I'm not finished with you yet." Simon taunted with a smirk on his victorious face, but it was quickly wiped off his face as he heard a sob and then realized that the boy whos old fraying sweater he was holding onto was shaking as tears fell from his eyes.  Simons smirk was quickly replaced with shock, regret and guilt. 

Not Your Charity Caseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें