CHAPTER 01

She turned around at the sound of his voice calling out for her. Her eyes were no longer the gentle, loving ones of his mother but of the crazed, hateful ones of a woman that had been shattered.

The feeling of his skin bubbling as hot as the liquid hitting his face. The feeling of her soft hands tugging roughly on his hair. The feeling of his throat going raw from the constant screaming of pain. The feeling of betrayal lasting less than second to a feeling of hate towards his father grew in his chest.

The memory played on repeat in young Shoto's mind as he was dragged through the Todoroki Abode by his father. Shoto quickly realised that he had never been this far into the home before. It felt a lot emptier and dustier than the rest the house, it was kept very clean by the multiple maids that worked throughout the day.

This part of the house also felt a lot warmer and stuffier, Shoto found it a little difficult to breath the further his father dragged him in. His father suddenly stopped pulling on his wrist when they reached a door that was at the end of a short hallway and started banging, aggressively, on it. The door slowly slid open and the girl revealed behind it made Shoto's eye widen in shock.

It was his mother....

She was standing before him in a baggy t-shirt, shorts and had a popsicle in her mouth looking up at his father with bored eyes. Her grey eyes then glanced down at him. A look of surprise crossed her eyes.

She pulled her popsicle out of her mouth, "Is this Shoto?"

She crouched down to be eye level with the young boy and stuck the popsicle back in her mouth, her bored grey eyes scanning over his face.

"Atsuko is your sister, Shoto. She will care for you from now on." His father informed.

Shoto looked up at his father, horrified. This woman wasn't his mother? But she was the spitting image of her, how could she be anyone else?

"What happened to his face?" Atsuko mumbled, the popsicle still in her mouth, slightly muffling her speech, as she poked Shoto's uninjured cheek. The way she said it and looked at the older man suggested that she already knew.

Shoto was looking at the girl with wide eyes, frozen. How could she speak so casually to him? Wasn't she afraid of him? Who was she?

"It's none of your concern," His father replied, gruffly and pushed Shoto towards her, "Just do your job. A maid will bring him bedding later on tonight and you will train together from now on."

"You sure he can take it?" Atsuko questioned, catching Shoto, "Isn't he only, like, five or something?"

The flames that formed his beard began to flicker furiously as their father's cold, turquoise glared daggers at her.

"He's already five and has made no improvement!" He shouted.

Shoto couldn't help but flinch away only to be pulled into a comforting heat. Shoto tilted his head back to see his estranged sister holding him close to her chest, her soft hands gently stroking his arms. Just like mum.

Atsuko then picked Shoto up, balancing him on her hip before standing up, "Right, right. Well, better get him settled in."

And before their father said anything else, Atsuko slid the door shut on him. Shoto was shocked to see the mini flat that was his sister's room that led into the Japanese garden, separated from where his other siblings would all play together. In the room was a TV, couch, mini fridge, a couple weights and a lot of candles. Their was another door that led into a bathroom.