Chapter Twenty-Five

Olive was running as fast as her four paws could carry her through the rough terrain of the Forbidden Forest. She was following Sirius- who was in dog form- doing her best to keep up with his pace.

What was Sirius doing here? Why didn't he and Missy contact her? Why did he even stay with Missy if it could put her in danger?

Out of frustration, Olive let out a disgruntled meow. Sirius stopped in his tracks, turning around to see Olive's black cat form glaring him down. Her cobalt eyes stared at him with frustration, glistening with tears that would certainly fall if she were in her human form.

Considering they were deep enough in the woods, Sirius changed into his regular form. He looked a lot better than when she last saw him. He had gained back a healthy amount of weight, his hair was trimmed, and although he stilled had a beard it was groomed. Instead of Azkaban rags he wore regular wizards robes, slightly ripped and shabby.

"Olive." He said, as if he were startled by her appearance. Changing back into her normal self, she sat on the forest floor with her hands wringing themselves in her lap.

"Months I haven't heard from you. You or Missy." She said quietly, her voice barely above a whisper, "I thought something had happened."

Sirius was quiet, taking a seat on the ground a few feet in front of the teen.

"I'm sorry if we worried you." Sirius began, "Missy thought if she were to tell you it would be risky."

Olive wiped her eyes to keep tears from staining her cheeks, "So would not returning my letters for weeks."

"Did you go to anyone? Dumbledore?"

"Lupin."

"How long were you there?" Ollie asked, her tone firm and even as she did her best to conceal her anger. Her hair was tinted red, but she did her best to control it.

"A few months." Sirius paused, "How did you-"

"Cedric thought we got a new dog." Olive scoffed softly, "You said you wouldn't put Missy in danger-"

"I know." Sirius said, "I was going to decline the offer... but I was being followed by someone and she was my only option."

"Why didn't you at least say something?" Ollie asked, "I was so worried about you and Missy."

Sirius nodded his head, silent as he formulated his next words very carefully, "At the time we thought it would be the best option. I'm sorry if we worried you, Ollie, I really am. In hindsight, I would never have kept you in the dark."

The teen shifted in her spot, "I'm glad you're both okay." There was a pause, and another question popped into her mind, "Why were you trying to talk to Crookshanks?"

"Long story." Sirius ran a hand through his hair, "I told him to eat Peter."

"What."

"He's a rat! Cats chase mice. I figured it was a good plan." Sirius shrugged. Olive shook her head, a small smile playing at her lips. If she didn't enjoy Sirius's company so much, she would still be mad at him. However, Ollie was very forgiving when it came to close friends and family. She didn't have very much of either- so she figured she should always be on good terms with them.

"You're forgetting Peter is a person inside of the rat." Olive offered, "He isn't as thick as you think."

"Then what do you suggest?" Sirius asked.

"Catch Peter. Keep him in his human form. If you hand him into the authorities, you can clear your name." Olive suggested.

"You Ravenclaws really are clever, aren't you?" Sirius smiled briefly, "But I can't promise I won't want to kill him if I see him."

"Then don't do it alone."

"I can't put you in that position-"

"I'm talking about your best friend."

"James is-"

"Professor Lupin is more than willing to help you." Olive interrupted, "As much as I'd like to help, he is better equipped for the job."

"You sound just like Missy sometimes." Sirius smiled, his eyes shining with appreciation, "She would say the same thing."

"How is she?" Olive asked, fiddling with her thumbs with her gaze trained down.

"Wonderful." Sirius grinned like an idiot, "I didn't know how much I missed seeing her until-"

"I don't really need to know." Olive interrupted, hands up in defense, "I mean how is she doing?"

"She's been busy with work and whatnot." Sirius shrugged, "She's been worried about you. Remus wrote saying you're being bullied?"

"Not anymore." Ollie argued, her brows furrowed as she remembered the ordeal. She had hoped Professor Lupin hadn't told anyone when Fred brought her notebook to be fixed. Of course- he had to hand known anyway. Practically the whole school knew.

"It happened." Sirius quirked a brow, "Do you want to talk about it?"

"It's not like it hasn't happened before." Olive said quietly, "It's just some mean girls who think they're funny."

"Who are they?"

"It doesn't matter." Olive argued, "I... I'm over it. Nothing has happened in a few months-"

Sirius was silent, trying to find some way to comfort the girl. He was no father or brotherly figure by far. He was out of practice and even then was too young to understand the concept of 'role models'. It's not like he had good ones anyways...

"What happened?"

"I was walking from Professor Lupin's class when I bumped into Ingrid in our year. She doesn't really like me... she set my notebook on fire and ripped it." Olive was growing quieter, her hair threatening to turn white, "She said some things that weren't nice."

After a moment's silence, Sirius spoke, "Remus also said the Weasley twins helped you out?"

She smiled, "Yeah. They helped a bit. George brought me to the Astronomy Tower. Fred joined later with hot cocoa and my repaired notebook."

"The Astronomy Tower?" Sirius's mischievous grin returned, "No one goes there except to snog."

"We didn't snog." Olive made a face twisted in disgust, "I can't stand them!"

"Then why let them help you?"

"No one else did." Olive argued, "And I guess they aren't so bad when they aren't pranking anyone."

"That's what Lily and Marlene said about us in school." Sirius smirked, "I've been meaning to ask you this... but how's Harry?"

"Harry Potter?"

"Yeah. He's my godson."

Olive was glad Sirius changed the subject- and she could tell he did it because the prospect of being bullied caused the teen to retract back to her quiet self.

"Nothing bad has happened to him this year." Olive shrugged, "He's playing in the Quidditch Final against Slytherin next Tuesday if you'd like to watch."

"I don't think it's a good idea."

"From a distance." Olive offered, "In your animagus form?"

Sirius pondered for a moment, "I guess that would be a good idea."

"I'm full of those recently." Olive said, mostly to herself. Reluctantly, she got to her feet, dusting herself off with a sigh, "I should head back to the castle before anyone knows I'm missing."

"Don't risk coming back here." Sirius warned, "It's too dangerous."

"Sirius." Olive smirked, "When has that stopped anyone lately?"