Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Sir, the Principal has already approved your request," Matt, my assistant, informed me as we strolled down the hallway. I checked my watch and extended my hand.

"Where's the folder?" I asked, pulling out my fountain pen. Matt didn't say a word but promptly handed me the white folder containing Kearra's schedule and club information.

As we walked, I began perusing the contents so as not to waste any time.

I paused in my tracks when I saw just how extensive it was, almost five pages in length.

"What kind of student is Kearra? Her schedule is tighter than the Principal's," I thought to myself as I flipped through it.

"She's the Student Council Vice President," Matt finally revealed. So my first stop was the Student Council office.

"Good morning, Sir," a student greeted me and opened the door for me.

"May I speak with the Student Council President?" I inquired of a girl.

"I'm Steph, and yes, she's in there," she pointed to the door with the title "President," so I simply nodded and thanked her.

I knocked three times before entering. "Good morning, what can I do for you, Sir?" a guy greeted me. I couldn't help but notice the significant transformation in Neville.

"I'm Detective Shawn, and I'm investigating the case of Miss Kearra Dela Vega. May I ask you a few questions?" I inquired. He gestured for me to take a seat, and I obliged.

"No need for pleasantries. Who is Kearra Dela Vega to you?" He stared at me for a while before shaking his head.

"That's too personal, Mr. Shawn," he replied directly. "I won't answer that question. I have no intention of disclosing such personal information. Do you believe that knowing who Kearra is to me will help your case? Ask a different question." I clenched my jaw and glanced at the folder in my hand. 'I'm keeping my cool with this guy,' I muttered to myself before turning back to him and offering a smile.

"Who is Kearra as the Vice President?" I asked calmly, and he nodded while holding his chin.

"One word to describe Kearra: brilliant," he said firmly. I shook my head in annoyance. 'Did I ask for just one word?'

"Please elaborate, Mr. Clyde," I pressed, but he only shook his head.

"I have nothing more to say about Kearra, Mr. Shawn. She is beyond perfect, and if I were to share more, it might take us until morning." Exaggeration. That's the only word I could think of. Who in the world describes someone as beyond perfect? Who the heck is perfect?

"Anyway, do you know if she had any enemies or conflicts?" I asked again, but he simply shook his head.

"She hasn't made any enemies, but there are those who have issues with her," he replied. I nodded and asked if I could enter Kearra's office. Fortunately, he granted permission.

As I entered Kearra's office, it seemed as though nothing had happened here. It was neat, with no clutter or trash in sight. The office wasn't overly feminine, but it had a touch of wood.

"Don't mess it up. Kearra doesn't like it when her things are disorganized," Clyde reminded me from behind. I nodded and took a seat in her swivel chair. Her picture with her father was prominently displayed in a picture frame on her desk. There were also pictures of her with two girls and one with a guy.

"Who are they?" I asked Clyde.

"This is Aina Baez and Samantha Trias, Kearra's best friends," he said, pointing to the two of them.

"And this is Dave Chua, Kearra's boyfriend," I nodded as he pointed to the guy standing next to Kearra.

As I left the office, I quickly jotted down the names of the three in my small notebook. I was sure they would be helpful in this case.

"Sir Shawn," I turned to Matt, who was approaching me with a notebook in hand.

"I got it," he said, and I nodded.

"Did the President agree?" he asked as we walked together.

"Whether he did or didn't, the plan is still on."