The Grandest Realization

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

Tying off the bandages on her shoulders and chest, he gently moved her back. He laid her down on the bed and retrieved the torn shirt from the bag. The creature ripped off the bloody parts and used the clean fabric to wrap her thigh. As he wrapped the wound, he noted that a few droplets of blood spilled from the injury, but he wasn't worried. His stitches were by no means perfect, but they would keep her alive. She would just have to be in bed for awhile.

A sigh left him. He never thought that he would nurse a human back to health, but he couldn't lose her. His hunger told him otherwise; however, he knew that he wouldn't have brought her to the cabin if he desired to kill her. Her near death had been an eye opener for him. Of course, he would maintain those facts as secrets. His plans from the beginning changed drastically, but he felt that it was for the better.

Even if she intended to kill him, it made things more interesting. It kept a sense of fun in his life, and his more primal nature would upkeep his terrifying atmosphere. Despite his wish to no longer eat her to the point of death, he could still succumb to that desire if she angered him enough. He would always be a threat. That knowledge ... concerned him, but it kept (f/n) under control.

He tied off her thigh bandage and removed the dusty, old sheet from the bed. The creature tossed it to the side. (F/n) remained drained of life, but he would keep her warm. Her heart still beat, and he had halted the rapid flow of blood out of her.

Going into the other room, his eyes glanced down to the unconscious girl there. He was tempted to kick her awake so that he could begin the fun, but he told himself that (f/n) still required tending to. His tongue licked his lips as the smell of (f/n)'s sweet blood filled his nose. It was intoxicating, and it didn't help that there was dried blood on his hands.

Not being able to help it, he partook of the blood. His tongue dragged slowly over it, and a moan of pleasure escaped him. Its taste never grew old. It was perfect; it was divine. He savored every lick since he wouldn't be able to have such fresh blood again until his partner recovered more. There were her stained bandages and her shirt, but he could only suck on that, and it wouldn't be the same.

Thankfully, there was the girl below him, but she would never compare. The creature forced his attention away from the lovely taste and grabbed the clean blanket. He headed back into the bedroom and draped it over (f/n). Her body didn't even shift, but he refused to become worried. She would live.

Caringly, he made sure that the blanket covered all of her limbs but her head. Once she awoke, he would help her with some new clothes. She would protest, but she would come to realize that she required the help. Even with the blanket, though, it remained cold in the cabin. It didn't bother him, but he would need to start the fire in the fireplace soon. Annoyingly, there wasn't one in the bedroom.

About to return to the other room, he stopped since his ears picked up slight movement. A smirk tugged at his lips. The other girl was awake. His nails, back to their full length, glided across (f/n)'s forehead. "Don't worry, my partner, she'll get her just reward." A giggle parted from him.

"What? ... Wh-where a-am I-I?" he heard in the next room. Quietly, the creature withdrew his hand from (f/n) and made his way into the shadows of the room. He pulled up his hood and waited. Movement followed the girl's voice. "Wh-what ..." The girl never finished her thought, and the creature heard her heart rate speed up.